The Sports Thread

Surprisingly the Pack might be pretty good too.

As for the Colts, their defense is going to be even worse than last year.

We have two cancer survivors on our team. Yankees are more likely to cause cancer than anything else.

While it's probably true that the Yankees are likely to cause cancer what with the evil the surrounds them, it is important to note that Joe Torre is also a cancer survivor.

What do you think of the Astros firing their manager and GM?

Pretty sad about Garner, but the GM needed to go. I don't see why Garner had to be fired. You can't give a guy a team as weak as the Astros and expect him to make the playoffs. Firing him wasn't fair.

and you live in penn according to your avatar. bandwagon asswipe, why dont you lecture me on how youve been a fan all your life :rolleyes: . you make me sick.

You're not very smart, zoidberg. I was born in New York, and my parents are both lifelong Yankee fans. I grew up with the Yankees on TV- not the Phillies.

Tip: Not everyone who roots for an out-of-market team is a bandwagoner. Anyone who has paid attention to the sports discussion throughout this baseball season will tell you that I was still rooting for the Yankees when it looked real bad in the first half. Unlike you, who abandoned the Rangers because they are having a losing season.

I am watching the game now. It's 2-2 top of the 4th and Pettitte is starting to show some cracks

Yeah, but I guess there weren't enough cracks in ol' Andrew Eugene Pettitte. Can say the same for Daisuke. The was the 8th Yankees-Red Sox game I've been to and only the second won that resulted in the Yankees winning.

And their record in games I have attended this season is now 12-3.

He's Native-American. Also, Joba isn't his birth name. He was born Justin, but his niece could not say "Justin", and instead called him "Joba", so he went and legally changed his name to Joba.

The fact that his name is Joba has a lot to do with why Yankee fans have gone so crazy for him. It's just so cool and fun to say. If his name was "Bill" or "Joe", we'd still think he was awesome, but we wouldn't be chanting his name like that. Jo-ba! Jo-ba! Jo-ba! Awesome.

BroomLG.jpg

:tickled: