The Sports Thread

Yeah I'd say that was a pretty good series. Can't wait for the Fenway series.

Man, I need to get to Fenway one of these days. Wrigley, too. Shame to think that after next season there will only be two Mecca's of baseball.

Mathiäs;6463999 said:
Surprisingly the Pack might be pretty good too.

As for the Colts, their defense is going to be even worse than last year.

I wouldn't count on GB going anywhere this season. Arizona is the team to beat, along with New Orleans.

As for the Colts comment...um what?

Mathiäs;6470196 said:
How did they improve from last year?

And AZ? Hah yeah right

How didn't they improve? Sanders is health for the first time in his career. Both of our new DB's, Hayden and Jackson are amazing tacklers, and excellent cover corners as well. They make Nick Harper look like shit. Antwoine Bethea started last year as a rookie, and he's only gotten better. Freddie Keiaho, who took over at Cato Junes spot NEVER MISSES A SINGLE TACKLE. The dude is fuckin on crack. He's not a pussy like June. He's a freaking ball magnet. Bracket and Morris are still here, and healthy. Freeney and Mathis are still here. Only thing that sucks is we lost Booger for the year, but it doesn't seem to matter because Ed Johnson who is filling in for him is doing a phenominal job. So is Raheem Brock, which is one of the most underrated DT's in the NFL imo.

The starting D is allowing only 1.7yds/carry. Pre-season or not. That's insane man.

NFL fans are going to be in for a surprise this season when they see Indy's defense dominating for once. I'm not even going to get into the offense.

As for Arizona...just wait and see. Leinart actually knows what he is doing this year, and his 3 receivers are crazy good. Not to mention, their defense was pretty good last season, they just kept getting unlucky.

I like rooting for the underdogs man. I seriously think Arizona will be in the championship game this year. Arizona vs. NO or Dallas.

I don't like watching sports unless I'm with friends. But no matter what I can't watch or play baseball. I really don't understand why people get into fights because they like the yankees and someones a red sox fan. Sports are just more fun to play. Not follow up on and watch.

You have to be part of it to know.

Anyone here interested in Minor League Baseball? I like it a lot. You get to see the future major leaguers and all your favorite has beens. Most of the games are archived in audio format for free on milb.com so I've been listening to them at work. I enjoy it.

Had my fantasy football league draft today. It went pretty well. I'm still doing tweaking here and there, asking for trades to polish my roster up, but I'm generally pleased. Here's what I have:

Round 1: San Diego Defense
Round 2: Drew Brees (QB)
Round 3: Reggie Wayne (WR-INDY)
Round 4: Hines Ward (WR-PITT)
Round 5: Isaac Bruce (WR-STL)
Round 6: Marion Barber (RB-DAL)
Round 7: Julius Jones (RB-DAL)
Round 8: Dallas Clark (TE-INDY)
Round 9: Tony Gonzalez (TE-KC)
Round 10: DJ Hackett (WR-SEA)
Round 11: Devery Henderson (WR-NO)
Round 12: Indianapolis Defense
Round 13: Nate Burleson (WR-SEA)
Round 14: Amani Toomer (WR-NYG)
Round 15: Peerless Price (WR-BUF)
Round 16: Stephen Gostkowski (K-NE)
Round 17: Matt Leinart (QB-ARZ)
Round 18: Rod Smith (WR-DEN)

So far I've dropped Rod Smith because I found out he was on the PUP list (physically unable to perform). But it turned out for the better because I noticed Patrick Crayton wasn't picked, pretty damn good receiver from Dallas. Also in the middle of a trade to pick up Frank Gore for Amani Toomer and Tony Gonzalez.

Because I was 7th out of 10 and the "top" running backs were all picked. That and I knew some gems like Jones and Barber would be left. They are a pretty good 1-2 RB combo. I'm not really worried about it.

Not to take away from Buchholz's accomplishment- it's extremley impressive, obviously- but I'm actually a little surprised that it doesn't happen more often. You'd think that since hitters rely so much on scouting and past experience against a pitcher, a rookie with major-league quality stuff would be more likely to throw a no hitter.

I guess the pressure gets to them, I don't know. Just goes to show you that Buchholz apparently has chrome plated balls.