The Sports Thread

Why do you think the bears will beat the chargers?

I think the Bears can shut down Tomlinson and make Rivers pass. (Rivers is over rated) They can force him to make mistakes.

The Chargers Defense will not be as good as last year. They lost two key defenders in the middle of their D which nobody seems to understand (Edwards & Foley) Their secondary is average.

The Bears O CAN run on them. Rich, don't sleep on Mr.Benson, kid is an animal.

...and the addition of Olsen is going to help Grossman in his PA game.

Urlacher :kickass::lol:

The Yankees, two games up on Seattle for the wild card, begin a crucial three game series in against the Mariners in New York today. The two teams will not meet again, making this a huge series. The Mariners have two games in hand, so the Yankees need to maintain a lead of at least 1 1/2. To do so they will need to win the series. This series will decide the Mariner's season. Possibly the Yankees as well.

saints over the colts? dont think so

yes, fuck arsenal!

reds killed derby 6-0. not that its hard to beat derby, but thats a sweet win. liverpool are at the top with one game less the almost everyone else!!!
~gR~

I think the Bears can shut down Tomlinson and make Rivers pass. (Rivers is over rated) They can force him to make mistakes.

I agree that Rivers is overrated, but his receivers aren't neither is LT. Most of Rivers TDs and yardage came from short dumb offs to LT for which he gained a shit ton of yards after the catch. And most of Rivers' passes to his receivers were quick slants/hits, which can kill any defense. The Bears' defense isn't going to be as good as it was last year. They are easy to dismantle, which the Colts proved in the Super Bowl, and San Diego did have one of the best offenses last season. I still firmly believe that the Bears defense is slightly above average.

The Chargers Defense will not be as good as last year. They lost two key defenders in the middle of their D which nobody seems to understand (Edwards & Foley) Their secondary is average.

We'll see.

The Bears O CAN run on them. Rich, don't sleep on Mr.Benson, kid is an animal.

Benson is a hack. Anytime he runs the ball he seems to get hurt.

...and the addition of Olsen is going to help Grossman in his PA game.

He needs to stay healthy to be a factor, not to mention he's only a rookie, I doubt he plays much.

Is pretty good. Be awesome if he left Chicago and came to Indy.

I agree that Rivers is overrated, but his receivers aren't neither is LT. Most of Rivers TDs and yardage came from short dumb offs to LT for which he gained a shit ton of yards after the catch. And most of Rivers' passes to his receivers were quick slants/hits, which can kill any defense. The Bears' defense isn't going to be as good as it was last year. They are easy to dismantle, which the Colts proved in the Super Bowl, and San Diego did have one of the best offenses last season. I still firmly believe that the Bears defense is slightly above average.

Benson is a hack. Anytime he runs the ball he seems to get hurt.

He needs to stay healthy to be a factor, not to mention he's only a rookie, I doubt he plays much.

Is pretty good. Be awesome if he left Chicago and came to Indy.
To say that the Bears defense is slightly above average is a big understatement. They've been top five the last few years, and they will be again with the return of Tommie Harris, Mike Brown, and the addition of Darwin Walker. I can't think of any D in the NFC that is at their level.

I'm not going to predict a win for them this week, but I think they're the favorites to come out of the NFC. They have the best special teams unit, and Grossman should make improvements. His TD/INT ratio and completion % should get better. Last year was only his first full season. Olsen will be a difference maker. He was on the field for most of the first team snaps in the preseason and he made several nice catches. I think the only thing that can hold this team back (besides injuries, obviously) is Benson. He didn't look good in the preseason and the Bears have no depth at RB after trading Thomas Jones, who was an underrated runner.

I really hope Liverpool win the Premiership. Torres is God.

things are looking good so far. but i wont speculate, cuz i dont want to jinx em.

i will say the top looks very different so far. but its way to early to tell how things will even out as the season goes. i'd love to see man city go to the champions league instead of man u
~gR~