The Sports Thread

Man, I don't think I've ever watched a Reds game. I generally don't watch the NL, but I still manage to catch a game or two from most of the NL teams... Yet for some reason it's never the Reds. I don't know why. It's not like I avoid them or anything... It's just one of those weird things.

I'd like to say "Yeah, well they've got some good young arms and some promising bats in the system" or "Sucks, man, their future looks pretty bleak"... But I simply haveno idea/I] what their situation is.

Man, I don't think I've ever watched a Reds game. I generally don't watch the NL, but I still manage to catch a game or two from most of the NL teams... Yet for some reason it's never the Reds. I don't know why. It's not like I avoid them or anything... It's just one of those weird things.

I'd like to say "Yeah, well they've got some good young arms and some promising bats in the system" or "Sucks, man, their future looks pretty bleak"... But I simply haveno idea/I] what their situation is.

From what I gather, the pitching staff has had a lot of injuries for the past couple years. There were also pitchers tonight that weren't finding the strike zone. I think the Reds went through 3 pitchers in 2 innings. It was ridiculous.

The pitching staff is mediocre, to say the least.

cool

My picks, mostly based on what I want to happen:

New Orleans at Indianapolis - Saints L
Philadelphia at Green Bay - Eagles L
Kansas City at Houston - Texans W
Denver at Buffalo - Buffalo L
Pittsburgh at Cleveland - Steelers W
Carolina at St. Louis - Panthers W
Atlanta at Minnesota - Vikings W
New England at NY Jets - Jets L
Miami at Washington - Dolphins L
Tennessee at Jacksonville - Titans W
Chicago at San Diego - SAN DIEGO CHARGERS W
Tampa Bay at Seattle - Seahawks W
Detroit at Oakland - Lions W
NY Giants at Dallas - Giants
Baltimore at Cincinnati - Ravens
Arizona at San Francisco - Cardinals

My picks if I was betting (not that I know much):

New Orleans at Indianapolis - Colts W
Philadelphia at Green Bay - Eagles L
Kansas City at Houston - Chiefs L
Denver at Buffalo - Broncos W
Pittsburgh at Cleveland - Steelers W
Carolina at St. Louis - Rams L
Atlanta at Minnesota - Vikings W
New England at NY Jets - Patriots W
Miami at Washington - Dolphins L
Tennessee at Jacksonville - Titans W
Chicago at San Diego - SAN DIEGO CHARGERS W
Tampa Bay at Seattle - Seahawks W
Detroit at Oakland - Raiders L
NY Giants at Dallas - Dallas
Baltimore at Cincinnati - Ravens
Arizona at San Francisco - Cardinals

go ducks!

this is the first year ive been paying attention to college football (we have a pick 'em league at work). anyways, it would be awesome for oregon to beat michigan, after their upset last week.
~gR~

I have Baltimore as my defense on fantasy league, but this post is still equal to double fail.

Actually I like all four teams in that division, and I love Chad Johnson. But I gained a lot of respect for the Ravens last year, especially as one of only two teams that beat the Chargers (I don't count N.E. since the Chargers beat themselves that game). I got no hate for the Bengals.

Bye Schedule (has it always only been weeks 4-10?)

Week 4
· Bye: Tennessee, New Orleans, Washington, Jacksonville

Week 5
· Bye: Cincinnati, Oakland, Minnesota, Philadelphia

Week 6
· Bye: Buffalo, Denver, Detroit, Indianapolis, Pittsburgh, San Francisco

Week 7
· Bye: Cleveland, Green Bay, San Diego, Carolina

Week 8
· Bye: Atlanta, Dallas, Kansas City, Arizona, Seattle, Baltimore

Week 9
· Bye: Chicago, St. Louis, Miami, NY Giants

Week 10
· Bye: New England, NY Jets, Tampa Bay, Houston

Not to be a troll but I find baseball the stupidest sport in existance. Its boring to watch because good players hit the ball 1/4 of the time. The same stuff pretty much happens, its usually strike, or ball, or hit, run, catch, home run. Its really boring. I don't watch sports, they are more fun to play, but baseball is boring because its boring to wait to bat or to be in the out field waiting for someone to hit.

I don't understand how people can start fights over baseball teams. Its just gay.