The Sports Thread

yeah, i cant have a home team. i started supporting liverpool because of riise. shortly after i grew to really like the whole team.

i support rosenborg because theyre from trondheim, which is close to oppdal, where my family came from. plus theyre the little guy you always want to see win the champions league.

i refuse to have a home team for american soccer. because the entire league is shite. one of the texans i work with likes to ridicule me for that stance. fuckin texans
~gR~

Im only kidding. Ill let you off as you live in America. I just get annoyed when people born in another city or town in the UK support a different team than their home one. Inparticular the 'Big 4' of the Premiership, Chelsea, Man Utd, Liverpool and Arsenal.

Technically I'm a glory supporter, because I started supporting Blackburn just after summer '95... it just went horribly wrong.

Not a D-Backs fan I take it.

No. A Padres fan if anything. Actually I grew up in San Diego going to Padres games all the time. This was later 70's/early 80's. Those wee the days of Dave Winfield, Ozzy Smith, Rollie Fingers, etc. We got "Jr. Padres" season tickets. We were pretty much poor, so we were always in the nosebleed section. Those are some of my best memories growing up. Step-dad getting drunk, teaching me to BOO through a cup with the bottom ripped out. Man, we rocked the stadium. Staying after and running up and down the stands popping cups. Playing frisbee in the parking lot after the game.

I don't hate baseball. I just can't get into watching it on TV. I guess I lost interest. The diamondbacks are in Phoenix, so I have never even been to a game. We have a AAA team here (Sidewinders). I've seen a couple of their games.

aleast2cm7.png

Yeah, my Mom and both my brothers were yelling and cursing all through the Millar at bat and on.

But I knew. I just say there, smiling, thinking Oh, come now... This is Mariano Rivera. He's just toying with them.

I really hope the Cubs make it. They're on the inside track right now, but barely. I can say quite confidently that if the Cubs were to win the World Series, it would be the happiest moment of my life, and probably the most significant sports story of the century. Yeah, the Red Sox have won, but they have been competitors way more over the years since 1970. The Cubs were in the playoffs only in '84 (blew it on the pre-Buckner Leon Durham through the legs error), '89 (lost to better team), '98 (lucky to be there), and '03 (Bartman). The '04 Cubs were a better team but they choked away a 2 1/2 game lead in something like the last five days of the season. The '07 team has underperformed considerably but anybody could put together a good run in the playoffs.