The Systematic Mixing Guide - NOW OUT!

I'd gladly pay for that! Its awesome to have a book that is as practical as yours is for this style of music. I appreciate your hard work

My first post here....and its to say thank you for this book! Exactly what I've been looking for amongst other readings I already have. Thank you! Now I don't have keep googling for tips and suggestions for various scenarios. Other readings I already have are helpful but aren't so fine-tuned as this. Easy reading as well.

Hey bro. Awesome - admirable and impressive that you'd spent so much time and effort making this happen. I'm currently trying to purchase the book (having a little difficulty with my PayPal account), looking forward to reading it soon.

Bought it and it helps me a lot and will for a long time for sure! Very nice job Ermz, this guide is a great complement to the other books I already own.

Got it! Brilliant work Ermz. I've already greatly improved one of the tracks I'm working on.

Just a quick question -- I'm not a professional mixing engineer, so I don't know how 'standard' your procedures are. Are they? (They definitely work for me though!)

So glad that many of you are still getting use from the book, even months after release. It was my hope that it would penetrate past our closed little metal community, and from what I can see it's gone into the broader engineering community.

Regarding how 'standard' the procedures are: honestly, I have no idea. I'm not sure whether there is such a thing as 'standard' in this industry to begin with. For what it's worth, some engineers whom I respect a lot have told me that the methodologies outlined in the book mirror their own in many ways. Make of that what you will!

Does this book covers basics on how to build and setting up a recording studio? And any information on treating the mixing room?

Is it possible to buy this any other way than paypal? Like bank account number, where I could send the money and receive download link in email?

Hi, purchased yesterday. No pics or contents in my mobi or ebook version - all OK in the PDF?

Edited to make clear, that's no contents list - not that there's nothing in the book

Hi, purchased yesterday. No pics or contents in my mobi or ebook version - all OK in the PDF?

Edited to make clear, that's no contents list - not that there's nothing in the book

I don't remember any pics, and never checked the contents list, it's only 90 pages long. You could've downloaded the PDF as well and checked, I got all 3 just in case but only use it on kindle.

Hi

I did download the PDF, that's how I know the pictures are missing. I ran the PDF through Calibre to convert it to mobi for my Kindle and it keeps the pics but does a bit of a number on the formatting.

I'm reading on the Kindle and it's fine without pics (and otherwise it seems to be one of the better conversions I've seen) but Ermz made the point that he'd made efforts to make the different versions as good as he could so I flagged it.

It's a good read!

I just finished the book for the 7th time >.<

The most likely scenario is that I would do instructional videos to complement each of the chapters or just create a 'Systematic Recording Guide' to focus more on the tracking side of things.

Will this ever come true?

I've read through this about 20 times now and it's fantastic. One little quibble for a novice like me is that sometimes you use terms that might be obvious to the seasoned guys, but to me I usually end up googling a bit to figure out what you mean. Things like "Really clamp down on the compresssor", for example, would be nice to have a follow-up comment explaining what that entails.

Fantastic guide though, no doubt, and well worth it to anyone considering it.

I've read through this about 20 times now and it's fantastic. One little quibble for a novice like me is that sometimes you use terms that might be obvious to the seasoned guys, but to me I usually end up googling a bit to figure out what you mean. Things like "Really clamp down on the compresssor", for example, would be nice to have a follow-up comment explaining what that entails.

Fantastic guide though, no doubt, and well worth it to anyone considering it.

It was never really meant to be a total noob guide, so for him to go into too much detail would detract a bit from the scope I think. But no worries... A thread like this is great for asking questions like that. Really clamping down refers to setting the compressor with a lot of gain reduction...