The 'Thanks, Opeth' thread

Hey Mike and all of Opeth,

Thanks for the beautiful music, I got to meet you guys after the Baltimore show, you guys came out in the cold and spent time with the fans.

Thank you so much for coming to the US again. Have a safe trip back

-Matt

Thanks for opening my eyes to new music. Not only do I listen to Opeth all day, but the band made a huge impact on everything else I listen to. Now I listen to bands like Camel, as well, that I would never have known about.

Thanks Mike for writing this amazing music and being such a cool guy to all your fans. Never give in to anyone. Hope the wife and kid are well.

Thanks Peter to being one of the nicest guys ever. Another great reason why I feel in love with Opeth. Hope your wife is well.

Thanks Mendez for opening my eyes to what actually can be played on the bass. Your lines are sick, especially on Ghost Reveries. Everytime I see a song for the first time live, I watch your bass lines first. Awesome!

Thanks Lopez for being one of the craziest drummers ever. You're able to play both heavy and light with a style that is godly. You will always be appreciated for what you bring to the band. Amazing!

Thanks Per for bringing new life to the band. Everything added makes Opeth's next CD sound so much different than everything else. Thats the way it should be!

Thanks Axe for filling in for Lopez. Whether you're here forever or just another 6 months, you kicked ass last night in NYC and I have huge respect for you as a drummer.

Have a safe trip home, and for satansake, take a break! :D
Keep on rockin! :headbang:

:worship: :worship:

I don't mean to sound retarded but when I saw opeth in leeds, a while before the gig I was stood outside on my phone next to some 'random people' but when i finished being on the phone it turned out to be 2 roadrunner people, peter and a woman who was clearly related to mike, like a sister or something.. but I'm not exactly sure who because I dont study the bio's etc so I have no idea who tours with each member.. anyone got any ideas who it was?

I'm going to chug along and also say my thanks to you, Opeth. You guys are a bunch of insane fuckers, did you know that?! You guys rock hard. Some of the most potent, melodic, great guitar implementations....thank you dearly. Keep the mind open, and best of luck with your music. The music is extremely beauitufl, and is music for the soul.

And Lopez, get well amigo. :)

THANK YOU OPETH! *clap**clap**clapclapclap*

:p

Or, OPETH! *clapclapclap* OPETH! *clapclapclap* OPETH! *clapclapclap* Like on some boots I've heard

Much thanks to Mikael, Peter, Per, Martin, Martin, and yes even Martin :)

I caught myself humming Harvest during a very stressfull flight with an examiner the other day, made my anxiety go right away! I can't really explain how much Opeth has effected my life so positively over the past few years.

Once again thank you Opeth! Greatest band ever!

Oh and I can die happy after NYC now I think..nah i need more peth!

Words can't convey.

I love every single fucking one of you, in a non-gay way. Thanks for all the tours you do, thanks for all the amazing music you make.

Look forward to seeing you guys do your thing in Los Angeles and Arizona.

Thanks Opeth for your ability to make me serious about guitar. You will forever be some of my top inspirations.

Cool Thread....:headbang:

..and a BIG...THANK YOU..from DK. 2006 was the year i discovered OPETH...and because off the long tour...I was able to see them LIVE 2 times.
Roskilde Festival (Denmark)- and in Berlin.

Growl onnnnnn....:Smokin: