The 'Thanks, Opeth' thread

Thanks guys!

That's encouraging! Indeed we're touring like crazy and we're all tied up back home, or most of us anyways!
We're in a shitty hotel in NJ right now and are gonna go for a bite and 29 drinks soon!

Cheers
Mike (on the US computer so don't give me that whole things about it's not me etc etc!)

lol :D Enjoy your drinks ^^

Totally cool thread, Thanks Mike, Martin, Martin, Martin (yup), Per, Peter!

before opeth i was listening to shit like christina aguleria, britney spears, cannibal corpse, justin timberlake and the pussy cat doll (who i still chuck on occasionally) but since hearing opeth changed my life for the better.

but seriously

i have always been into metal, but as we all know opeth are something more. i know this is kind of cliched but they have created there own genre, NO ONE is doing what these guys are doing, other bands can only try. this band and this forum has opened me up to heaps of different types of music, from prog to fusion. having met the guys a few times, they are so down to earth, theres no bullshit. i rememer having a few smokes (and i dont even smoke!) with lopez after the Melbourne show on the damnation tour, and we just talked for ages about different music, influences and stuff, i couldnt believe i was sitting there next to this dude i admired so much, it was crazy.
anyways..
i dont wanna blow too much smoke up ur asses, just wanted to say thanks heaps for the music, i means a lot to me and a whole bunch of ppl!

This is probably the best thread in the entire Opeth board.

+1 :kickass:

Should we make this sticky?

Not a bad idea actually

Now my fangirl worship:

THANK YOU OPETH ZOMG!!!!1!111!!1 LOVE YOU!!

Nah, those guys have shown me what music truely is about, it's like when you hear a track you can almost feel the passion and all of the effort put into each track. Their music always, ALWAYS leaves me in awe, and it's such an amazing experience watching them live. Keep doing what you are doing, guys... because fuck knows you're doing a very good job of it.

Thank you Opeth, for creating the most atmospheric, imagination stimulating and interesting music that I've ever listened to. You've sharpened my musical tastes and only brought me further to discovering new music. Thank you.

you admit that you are gay and now it is me who needs to eat shit and die??????? how can u be so disrespectful????? how can u mispell retrospect???? ban me if u want bitch, i'm hurt