The Thread Where You Talk About Music You Like

Recommend:
Vital Remains (yes.. they've got albums BEFORE Dechristianize)
Devourment
Immolation
Absu
Destroyer 666
Enslaved
Avulsed
Sect of Execration
Sarx
Pandaemonium (DM)
Vio-lence
Toxic Holocaust
Artillery
Spawn of Possession
To Woods Beyond
Will of the Ancients
.. All that shit.

Thanks, good list. From what I've heared on it almost everything is great. The Crown and Crematory are gay though. Altar seems somewhat generic... I've heared Youth Against Christ and it didn't really grab me.

kmik said:
Thanks, good list. From what I've heared on it almost everything is great. The Crown and Crematory are gay though. Altar seems somewhat generic... I've heared Youth Against Christ and it didn't really grab me.

It's the Swedish Altar and Crematory you should be after.

GoD i have pretty much agree with most of your posts.... but crimson moon just sucks...

edit: 2nd time through... still sucks

V.V.V.V.V. said:
...What the FUCK? Are you saying Prodigal Sun sucked?!
Please, learn to read. I specifically said I haven't heard that album, only a demo, "The Odious Reflections".

Oh well, chances are you will think Prodigal Sun sucked anyways, I just pre-empted it.

And there is a difference between not knowing how to read and not reading. Sorry about that.

Gallantry over Docility said:
"Since you seem to enjoy oldschool scandinavian deathmetal, check out these:

At the Gates
Grotesque
Tiamat
Grave
Merciless
Sorcery
Afflicted
Altar
Cemetary
Therion
Unanimated
God Macabre
Necrophobic
Seance
Luciferion
Carnage
Carbonized
Unleashed
Obscurity
Treblinka
Mefisto
Desultory
The Crown
Abhoth
Crematory
Carbonized
Darkified
Hetsheads
Nirvana 2002
Utumno
Furbowl
Liers in Wait
Amorphis
Demilich
Demigod
Cartilage
Funebre
Adramelech
Necropsy
Phlegethon
Fester
Cadaver
Molested
Detest"
I swear, some of those ANUSites get fucking stupid in their "downplay the importance of anything remotely popular" crusades. ENTOMBED? "Left Hand Path" slaughters anything by half of these! I mean, you mention fucking Nirvana 2002 and Furbowl, but not ENTOMBED, YOU KNOW, ENTOMBED, THE BAND WITHOUT WHICH HALF OF THE ABOVE WOULD NOT EXIST? GET OUT, GET OUT, LEAVE THE HALL, AND STAY THE FUCK OUT

(Not directed at you GoD I know you didn't write it)

V.V.V.V.V. said:
Oh well, chances are you will think Prodigal Sun sucked anyways, I just pre-empted it.

And there is a difference between not knowing how to read and not reading. Sorry about that.

prodigal sun is one of my favorite albums...

Erik said:
I swear, some of those ANUSites get fucking stupid in their "downplay the importance of anything remotely popular" crusades. ENTOMBED? "Left Hand Path" slaughters anything by half of these! I mean, you mention fucking Nirvana 2002 and Furbowl, but not ENTOMBED, YOU KNOW, ENTOMBED, THE BAND WITHOUT WHICH HALF OF THE ABOVE WOULD NOT EXIST? GET OUT, GET OUT, LEAVE THE HALL, AND STAY THE FUCK OUT

(Not directed at you GoD I know you didn't write it)

He's not an anusite at all in my experience, just an *ol' skooler*. Entombed might've already been mentioned earlier in that thread and/or the original poster might've said he already liked them - can't remember. Regardless I pretty much agree, I don't particularly like Entombed but some of the bands in that list don't do much for me either for similar reasons.

Doomwatcher, I'll tell you when I get to it. I've heard "Wasteland of Terror" and "Pages in Blood" before getting the tape and I like them a lot. Sludgy, atmospheric death metal bordering on doom at times. I hear it's (among) Asphyx's best, too.

Oh, sorry, I didn't realize that it was actually you I was talking about Asphyx with at the time I ordered these tapes... I was tired and posted as if I was explaining Asphyx to someone who didn't know about them, hehe. Anyway, I really agree, Van Drunen is one of my favourite death metal vocalists ever. Much better than the usual, emotionless, plain low growling.