The Thread Where You Talk About Music You Like

V.V.V.V.V. said:
Will do.

Currently uploading for you all (Decadent aka): Grunt - Automatic Death Machine from the "Terror & Degeneration" compilation CD-r. This is pure industrial electronics...absolutely brilliant...

DONE

Grunt - Automatic Death Machine

PREPARE FOR DEATH.

Starts off sounding like an electric razor, then it goes into that sound that cassette players make when the tape gets jammed.

I'm not into this kind of music but The Umbersun is indeed a great release.

Still waiting for some good DM recommendations... :)

Thorlock (generally tasteful guy) threw out a bunch on MR today but the site's down now. When it goes back up I'll paste it in, I really don't have the energy to make my own list.

"Since you seem to enjoy oldschool scandinavian deathmetal, check out these:

At the Gates
Grotesque
Tiamat
Grave
Merciless
Sorcery
Afflicted
Altar
Cemetary
Therion
Unanimated
God Macabre
Necrophobic
Seance
Luciferion
Carnage
Carbonized
Unleashed
Obscurity
Treblinka
Mefisto
Desultory
The Crown
Abhoth
Crematory
Carbonized
Darkified
Hetsheads
Nirvana 2002
Utumno
Furbowl
Liers in Wait
Amorphis
Demilich
Demigod
Cartilage
Funebre
Adramelech
Necropsy
Phlegethon
Fester
Cadaver
Molested
Detest"

Crown of Thorns (The Crown) and Afflicted were both good once, don't know about Hetsheads. Besides, I said "mostly" tasteful. I didn't bother editing the list or anything.

I'll admit to not being familiar with The Crown's earlier work (only with their Gaythenburg phase), but the only thing I've heard from Afflicted was "The Odious Reflections", which is supposedly one of their better works. It sucked.

Cemetary is also overrated as fuck. "An Evil Shade of Grey" = thoroughly generic.

Mmmm, Pavor's A Pale Debilitating Autumn is ridiculously awesome technical death from Germany. Particularly unique for 1994. Highly recommended.

To add to GoD's list of scandinavian death/or similar sounding:

Uncanny - Splenium For Nyktophobia
Crypt Of Kerberos - World Of Myths
Illdisposed - Four Depressive Seasons

Yo whats up this is my first post here, I listen to Black, Death, and Thrash Metal, my favortie bands are Megadeth and Immortal heres other bands I listen to
Venom
Mayhem
Marduk
Dimmu Borgir
Agathodaimon
Burzum
Cannibal Corpse
King Diamond/Mercyful Fate
Metallica
Fleshcrawl
Carcass
Arch Enemy