The Thread Where You Talk About Music You Like

I have just found out tracklisting for the third disc of the Disembowelment re-release.

The Spirits of the Tall Hills (unreleased version)

Slaughtered Remains (orig written/recorded as Necrovore)

The Spirits of the Tall Hills (rehearsal)

Your Prophetic Throne of Ivory (rehearsal)

This nearly makes me wish that I waited instead of getting an original copy. :erk:

im a huge rammstein fan, if you dont know who rammstein is... shame shame shame!! (think du hast)
anyway.. one of my fav songs by them is Ohne Dich, its not heavy like most of their stuff... its a nice song. you should listen to it.
another of my fav songs is by Dimmu, called Burn in Hell.. should listen to that as well.
anyway.. thats my opinion.
laters.

:lol:

My weekend has consisted of repeated listens to the new Witchcraft and Pelican albums, both of which are fantastic. I think Firewood just tops Witchcraft's s/t, but I think Pelican's Australasia was a little better than the new one.

SPARE NONE THE BLADE
SPARE NONE THE FUCKING BLADE
RAPE THE WORLD
RAPE THE WORLD
RAPE THE WORLD
RAPE THE WORLD
RAPE THE WORLD

While the rest of Cold Steel...For An Iron Age is merely good, the title track is just HOLYFUCKINGSHITAMAZING. Makes me want to start a one-man pit, or break more walls in my house, or have my legions invade Aquilonia, slaughter their men, rape their women, and put their cities to the torch. Check it out if you haven't; listen to it again if you have and realize that this song is the soundtrack to the fall of empires.

Meh, it's okay. One of the better songs on Cold Steel for sure, but it's like a pint next to a keg when compared with any song from Phoenix Rising.

Also, is it just me, or does the last track form Cold Steel "Shadow" have a really good idea that gets taken no-where? It's kinda annoying, it's one of the few riffs that really draws me in on that album. Someone should re-write that song.

Pyrus said:
SPARE NONE THE BLADE
SPARE NONE THE FUCKING BLADE
RAPE THE WORLD
RAPE THE WORLD
RAPE THE WORLD
RAPE THE WORLD
RAPE THE WORLD

While the rest of Cold Steel...For An Iron Age is merely good, the title track is just HOLYFUCKINGSHITAMAZING. Makes me want to start a one-man pit, or break more walls in my house, or have my legions invade Aquilonia, slaughter their men, rape their women, and put their cities to the torch. Check it out if you haven't; listen to it again if you have and realize that this song is the soundtrack to the fall of empires.
"The Calling" is even better!

You mean "more than". Stop butchering my language, American dog.

Let me just say again that Torchure are utterly cool. Interesting how the Germans seem to be the masters of writing isolating, gloriously desolate death metal.

Gallantry over Docility said:
Let me just say again that Torchure are utterly cool. Interesting how the Germans seem to be the masters of writing isolating, gloriously desolate death metal.

I found The Essence quite enjoyable with it's creative approach to making death metal that is semi-technical and melodic, though it could do without the intros and interludes that are somewhat redundant. Is Beyond the Veil any good?

Beyond The Veil is class-A atmospheric death metal. It especially gets better in the latter half of the album. Of particular note is 'Resort To Mortality', an eleven minute masterpiece of 'desolate' death metal, as GoD put it. The Essence is also excellent, but I find some of the soloing to be far too focused on wankery as opposed to playing spiritful leads. I imagine we'd have a better album in The Essence if Thorsten and Andreas lived to record it.