The Thread Where You Talk About Music You Like

Well.....I'm not really going to judge anything by a live bootleg track, so I won't know what to think until I hear studio material.

V.V.V.V.V. said:
New Nevermore.

Christ.

album of the fucking year

and I definitely agree with Pyrus on Ulysess Siren...best thrash band nobody's heard of (yet).

Also, just picked up Destroyer 666's "Phoenix Rising" at Tower yesterday for $10 :headbang:

okay.... the obituary.... had to stop listening to slowly we rot, it just pissed me off.... but cause of death is okay... nothing great... vocals are terrible...but everything else is okay....

Pyrus said:
Ulysses Siren's Above the Ashes is the best thrash metal album nobody's ever heard (although it won't be that way for long if we all keep pimping it.) Read my review here.

whoa... listening to that right now

\m/

swizzlenuts said:
okay.... the obituary.... had to stop listening to slowly we rot, it just pissed me off.... but cause of death is okay... nothing great... vocals are terrible...but everything else is okay....

THANK YOU

SOMEONE I AGREE WITH FINALLY

I really DON'T SEE how John Tardy's vocals are anything but whiny and fucking ANNOYING. I mean...he's more goddamn whiny than Schuldiner on later releases...I had heard Obituary had "sick" vocals...so I checked them out, and Tardy is GOD FUCKING AWFUL. Why do people say his vocals are sick at all?!!

Also, yeah Ulysses Siren is pretty fucking great modern-but-actually-just-stuck-in-a-time-warp thrash.

But they don't sound modern in the least. Hence, they sounded modern for what modern was 20 years ago.

Okay, V^5, you totally knew that I absolutely can't stand Jon Tardy's vocals. Don't deny it! You knew it.

You can falsify all you want, but face it...we think alike!

Dodens Grav said:
But they don't sound modern in the least. Hence, they sounded modern for what modern was 20 years ago.

I meant they ARE modern (as in alive in the modern era) but don't sound it (hence stuck in a time warp)...

Nick I forgot you despise him too. Maybe we should make a club.

ya d00dr we r so alyk

They are not modern, seeing as they are not together and haven't recorded anything since the mid-late 80's which is what you hear on Above The Ashes. It may be a 'modern' release by release date, but not on recording date, and certainly not by sound. It's like saying Pagan Altar is modern, is basically what my point is.