The Thread Where You Talk About Music You Like

Somehow I never really got into Sigh...but maybe because I started out with the wrong album. Whatever you do, get Imaginary Sonicscape last...it's not that great. It's got abit too many ideas mixed...and it reminds me of Megaman music.

I really liked it, but if you are more of a traditional metal fan, check out Scorn Defeat and some of the other earlier ones (Hail Horror Hail is cool too).

Episteme said:
Been listening to Martyr's Warp Zone alot, along with Hirilorn's Legends of Evil and Eternal Death not forgetting Destroyer 666's Unchain the Wolves and Cold Steel For an Iron Age. And many many more. I love broadband.

good playlist :headbang:

Décadent said:
General thoughts on Sigh's best album?

Their best material is on Ghastly FUneral Theater and Hail Horror Hail. Scorn Defeat and Infidel Art are often forgotten, but are definitely worth getting.

Imaginary Sonicscape sucks hairy buttcheek, except for the first two songs.

Episteme said:
Hirilorn's Legends of Evil and Eternal Death not forgetting Destroyer 666's Unchain the Wolves and Cold Steel For an Iron Age. And many many more. I love broadband.

I cannot get into that Hirilorn album. I just don't feel any emotion in the music. Maybe it'll hit me some day. Destroyer 666 though? No way you can go wrong there. Great driving music, too.

Episteme said:
Been listening to Martyr's Warp Zone alot, along with Hirilorn's Legends of Evil and Eternal Death not forgetting Destroyer 666's Unchain the Wolves and Cold Steel For an Iron Age. And many many more. I love broadband.
Warp Zone is great, the clip from the new recordings on the website sounds good too:)

Perdition's Light said:
I cannot get into that Hirilorn album. I just don't feel any emotion in the music. Maybe it'll hit me some day. Destroyer 666 though? No way you can go wrong there. Great driving music, too.

I'm supprised you can't get into them, assuming you're also a fan of DsO. I've never really listened to it with emotion in mind, I just know that it's got some amazing melodies within solid black metal, and I love it.

Oh yeah, there's melody all over the f'ing walls, but it just sounds sterile to me.

To be perfectly honest, I don't care much for pre-SMRC DsO (wow check those abbreviations OUT!) so I think that may have something to do with it.

edit: I'm giving it another chance since I'm drunk and that's usually how I get into albums i'm not feeling at the time. :loco:

edit #2: damnit, okay this sounds good now but i still stand by my opinion that it sounds sterile and i imagine i will get bored with it quickly. good musicianship, though.

Perdition's Light said:
Oh yeah, there's melody all over the f'ing walls, but it just sounds sterile to me.

To be perfectly honest, I don't care much for pre-SMRC DsO (wow check those abbreviations OUT!) so I think that may have something to do with it.

edit: I'm giving it another chance since I'm drunk and that's usually how I get into albums i'm not feeling at the time. :loco:

Alcohol works wonders for me. But I also happen to love Inquisitors of Satan more than SMR,C.

Décadent said:
Alcohol works wonders for me.

I agree 100% with this statement (only pertaining to me, not you, in this case) as there have been so many albums that I can't get into and then listen to drunk...lo and behold, the next day they are dear to me. Alcohol is truly a gift from god,I mean Odin.