The Thread Where You Talk About Music You Like

Massacra owns.

I'm pretty much convinced that the Greek band Inveracity are like the best Suffocation ripoff band...EVER. Except maybe Disavowed and Beheaded.

SkeetsMaloy said:
So I've been listening to Massacra's 'Final Thoughts' a lot lately. I'm just wondering what are some similar old school death/thrash bands. Looking for something along the lines of Atheist minus the jazz, early Obituary, Cancer, just good old school thrash/death...

Haha, meant to say 'Final Holocaust' why the hell did I say Final Thoughts...

Mormagil said:
They're pretty good, actually I checked them out a while back because you were talking about them. Same with Slugathor.

Good glad to hear someone actually listens to what I talk about...I wish they'd put a new album out already, dammit.

Slugathor is fucking amazing.

SkeetsMaloy said:
So I've been listening to Massacra's 'Final Thoughts' a lot lately. I'm just wondering what are some similar old school death/thrash bands. Looking for something along the lines of Atheist minus the jazz, early Obituary, Cancer, just good old school thrash/death...

You might like these.

Agressor - Neverending Destiny
Brutality - When The Sky Turns Black
Insanity - Death After Death
Mortuary - Blackened Images
Nocturnus - The Key
Pestilence - Consuming Impulse

I have been loving Soilwork, Amon Amarth, Age of Silence, Winds, and Opeth recently... especially Soilwork... I have never liked them much until now, something about them that just clicked.

HMMM lets see here...
Rammstein
white zomibie
guns n rosses
KING DIMAMONS
MERCYFUL FATE
ACCEPT
Blind Guardian
Arch Enemy
Tristania
iron maiden
megadeath
Drop kick murphys
static x-this nu metal band is my intro 2 metal
wumpscut
bush-sum first shit i listned 2 90's
cradle of flilth
deadsy
prong
depeche mode
greenday
manowar
dio
lacuna coil
moonspell
judas priest
metallica :headbang: -Old stuff owns but now a days they kinda pissin me off i still respect em
MINDLESS SELF INDULGENCE
zao
Vader
Burzum
Therion
Slayer
Saxon
satyricon
sodom
pantera
orgy
queen
queensryche
radiohead
rainbow
dimmu borgir
emperor
graveworm
ice earth

all these bands fukin pwn JOO dotn give a shit wat u say they DO!U seriolsy need to fukin listen 2 em

lol cuz i have some non metal stuff in there? roflamo i can still be a "truemetalfan" reason i ahve sum stuff in there "nonmetal" is cuz thats stuff i listned 2 b4 metal now a days pretty all straight metal jesus christ i mean i listen 2 metal eveyr fukin day you know wat =) i dont think i could live with out metal i think this justifies a true fan.. . and jesus u take ur fukin midol i havent seen u post any bands u like =) anyways. i dont recall teh band but a very famous black metal band one primary ones in a review he said he listned 2 alot of batoven and boch and wat not.No vocals just all pano who the fuk are u 2 say im a poseur?? or how ever the fuk u spelled it.

lol wtf are u talkin about if ur gonna post usless shit might as well pm me (but seriosly dont pm me fo stupid shit), unless this is some stupid fukin inside joke....anyways stop talking 2 me =) one who posts uber dumb things..

That's one of those posts where you uncontrollably shudder and go "ugh.." you know?

Anyway, listening to a lot of Sigh lately (thanks for the recommendations), Abigail (Jpn), and also Spun Forth as Dark Nets by Ruins. Has anyone heard them? I'm not quite sure what to think of it. Only reason I checked them out was because David Haley was in it, but there's something about the drums that's bothering me. I can't quite put my finger on it, but some parts are hard to hear and some parts are not.

Yeah, I've been meaning to check out Ruins for quite a while now, but there's something about Haley playing black metal that doesn't sit well with me.