The Thread Where You Talk About Music You Like

Guthrum said:
Is it on par with Perdition City?

in terms of necessity, yes. As with all Ulver releases, it sounds nothing like anything else. It's pretty accessible and not ambient soundscapey like Silence...

VVVVV take notice. I rekon you'll dig these guys.

Portal's "Seepia" has just been re-released on Profound Lore, so it's finally available in the US. It's obscure and avant-garde horror-themed death metal. Very much an "order through chaos" type affair.

Profound Lore said:
With Seepia PORTAL’S vision of utter horror is destined to invert the death metal scene as one of the most unique and most intimidating visionaries ever conceived. Deprived, artsy and morally-impaired, through a twisted mind-fuck of oppressive histrionics and with the class of classic avant-garde cinema, PORTAL re-define artistic and cinematic dementia within death metal.

Vesel of Balon

Yousendit's
Glurmphonel
The Endmills

Décadent said:

Portal's "Seepia" has just been re-released on Profound Lore, so it's finally available in the US. It's obscure and avant-garde horror-themed death metal. Very much an "order through chaos" type affair.

Vesel of Balon

Yousendit's
Glurmphonel
The Endmills
Portal are crazy, it some time but like you told me I will understand it after a while:p

trascending a mere multiverse :headbang:

Barking Pumpkin said:
Okay, Ulver's 'Themes From William Blakes The Marriage Of Heaven And Hell' just got added to my list of all-time favorite albums. Complete awesomeness.

Ok, I'm listening to it as I type this. I must say it's absolutely amazing. The first track off of the second CD has to be my favorite. The lyrics are really interesting. I'm also checking out some other Ulver stuff I hadn't gotten around to.

Elend's The Umbersun is absolutely fucking brilliant, I'd just like to say. Ildjarn's Hardangervidda, Averse Sefira's Tetragrammatical Astygmata and Burzum's Hvis Lyset Tar Oss (still the greatest BM album by far) are getting plenty of listens too.

you you like "melodic" metal... talk to melodeath.... his band Fields of Elysium are fantastic... someone recommended it.... but definatly get it....

Décadent said:

Yeah I've already heard it. :p