The Thread Where You Talk About Music You Like

The Timebird said:
How's the new Galgeras?

I'm currently really liking Black Funeral's Az-I-Dahak and Xibalba's Ah Dzam Poop Ek. Also going through yet another huge Elend phase, particularly The Umbersun (the only album I've ever heard that manages to be quite so disconcerting and yet so beautiful) and Sunwar the Dead.

It's nowhere near as raw or noisy as their previous full-length. They've obviously been influenced by modern acts such as newer DsO, but it still holds originality and purpose. A step in the right direction, I think.

I'll be looking into that Black Funeral album and Xibalba.

The new Decapitated cd is pretty badass. Sounds like a completely different band! I liked Nihility but didn't like their follow up. But Organic Hallucinosis kicks so much ass! I'm still pissed I missed them opening for Nile.

Anyone listening to the new Kataklysm? I just heard their new album, Into the Arms of Devastation and it's pretty sick! Especially the last track (The Road to Devastation). I'm rocking out to that song right now! They're out on tour with Vader! Should be a pretty sick show. I was lucky enough to see them twice already. They put on a killer show. And their pit is always good too . . . Check both of those cds out though, they're pretty badass!

Décadent said:
Is anyone familiar with Altar of Perversion, Old Pagan or Der Gerwelt? Any opinions would go down well.

i have 2 of Der Gerwelts demos, atmospheric black metal which is well recorded is probably the best way to describe it...i hear the album even had a more rock influence... might be worth checking out as a different twist on black metal !!

Malignance said:
I'll be looking into that Black Funeral album and Xibalba.

There's something overwhelmingly *ancient* about both of these bands. Xibalba are both raw and mystical, they remind a little of The Chasm without being much like them stylistically. Black Funeral is primal, ritualistic BM with some of the weirdest melodies I've ever heard. Oozes with a prehistoric alien presence so detached from humankind that when listening one feels almost as if they are intruding upon something greater and more significant than they.

cradleinflames said:
The new Decapitated cd is pretty badass. Sounds like a completely different band! I liked Nihility but didn't like their follow up. But Organic Hallucinosis kicks so much ass! I'm still pissed I missed them opening for Nile.

Anyone listening to the new Kataklysm? I just heard their new album, Into the Arms of Devastation and it's pretty sick! Especially the last track (The Road to Devastation). I'm rocking out to that song right now! They're out on tour with Vader! Should be a pretty sick show. I was lucky enough to see them twice already. They put on a killer show. And their pit is always good too . . . Check both of those cds out though, they're pretty badass!

I wrote a post on another board about how much the new decapitated sucked. It is far worse than everything else they have produced. The new Katakalysm is also a poor album. It has one catchy riff per song, and get very repetitive and boring. They both are albums that are dreadfully annoying.

How has you never heard Velvet Revolver that is old school shit, but not my style they dont do anything for me.