The Thread Where You Talk About Music You Like

Dodens err... Necuratul:

Whats wrong with damage done? Sure it's not so original but some of the songs off there are really great. Hours passed in exile has some amazing guitar and the enemy has possibly my favorite intro.

ferdibirdi said:
Nouveau Gloaming ;). Great album. Very interesting style they play, aye :)

really? wow, I always thought it was "gleaming". hm! Anyway, yeah it is a great album...definitely underrated in my opinion.

Is anyone familiar with the works of Fleshcrawl following Descend Into The Absurd? It's a great album, but I've never followed up on the band after that.

Necuratul said:
Is anyone familiar with the works of Fleshcrawl following Descend Into The Absurd? It's a great album, but I've never followed up on the band after that.

The following material is less doomy without the longer songs, it's pretty average to good at best.

The band went for a more swedish death metal sound without the 'coolness'.

Uhh I know I'll probably get bashed for this, but I like Devildriver. Good tracks are End of the Line, Hold Back the Day and Fury of Our Maker's Hand.
Someone recommend me some good shit to get? Aiming for stuff like Children of Bodom and similar.

Mr Genvin said:
Uhh I know I'll probably get bashed for this, but I like Devildriver. Good tracks are End of the Line, Hold Back the Day and Fury of Our Maker's Hand.
Someone recommend me some good shit to get? Aiming for stuff like Children of Bodom and similar.

I think you're aiming for the wrong stuff, if you want the good stuff.

Based on your tastes, I would expect you to enjoy the more recent Arch Enemy stuff.

Mr Genvin said:

mmm try some older black metal stuff like mayhem, burzum, immortal. If you dont like that stuff thats cool, also check out some mercyful fate, king diamond, carcass!, kalmah are sort of in the same vein as cob, you might also like blind guardian, kreator, celtic frost, dimmu borgir, Lamb of God, Cannibal Corpse and Vader
they are just some of my favs, also try the recommendations thread as well

Everything the band has done from their demo as Septic Broiler to The Mind's I is good, as far as I'm concerned.

Spectacular Views said:

roflugh.gif

I like this:

The bonus CD on Japanese edition X-Factor. Contains three new studio tracks recorded in a later session than the album, and these (as unusual as overlooked Iron Maiden material is) have been almost completely forgotten by everyone, but I personally think they kick ass. Lots of energy and fuck-off attitude, and killer riffs and vocal lines. Lyrics are a bit shit but if you're an Iron Maiden fan and haven't heard these, I suggest you listen!

1. Justice of the Peace
2. I Live My Way
3. Judgement Day

Download "Judgement Day" and check out that first really old-school style Maiden riff and the KILLER "BY YOUR DEEDS/YOU WILL BE KNOWN/TIME WILL TELL/TRUTH WILL SHOW" vocal line.

(Cross post from RC board just because)