The Thread Where You Talk About Music You Like

Finntroll is a fun band paddy i like them :kickass: :kickass: :smokejump:
oilrig.jpg

I'm looking for some hidden extreme metal gems that have been overlooked in the past decade or so but could have largely be considered classics except for the poor publicity the band in question received. Any suggestions?

Edit: damn I clicked on the wrong thread

J Mann said:
I'm looking for some hidden extreme metal gems that have been overlooked in the past decade or so but could have largely be considered classics except for the poor publicity the band in question received. Any suggestions?

Edit: damn I clicked on the wrong thread

Dominus - View to the Dim and The First Nine

I just thought I'd mention that Alpha Draconis Records (run by the former head of Barbarian Wrath Vinland, meaning he's stocking Barbarian Wrath/Witches Brew/Nazgul's Eyrie titles including Countess, Amon Goeth, Cruachan, Tha-Norr, etc.) is having an incredible deal from now til the 6th. 6 CDs for $36. You can browse the catalogue here. The selection may not be top notch, but there's some good stuff, and it's a great opportunity to get some CDs for dirt cheap.

Hammer of Might said:
Hhmm, me too. One to pursue.

edit: but "political" lyrical themes? Groan.

And isn't it rather untr00 of you to use a Best of Compilation as the cover? :Smug:

BRUTAL BRUTAL VOCALS, DISMAL RHYTHM ATTACK, GRINDING DEATHGUITARSAWS. Fucking GET Iniquitous NOW.

I haven't heard their newest one, but the last one was pretty stupid, so I don't have much faith in them. The first three are good though.

I just revisited Slough Feg's Atavism, and it's way better than I first thought :headbang:

Also, the melodies are so strong I instantly remembered them from when I listened to this over a year ago.

Necuratul said:
I just thought I'd mention that Alpha Draconis Records (run by the former head of Barbarian Wrath Vinland, meaning he's stocking Barbarian Wrath/Witches Brew/Nazgul's Eyrie titles including Countess, Amon Goeth, Cruachan, Tha-Norr, etc.) is having an incredible deal from now til the 6th. 6 CDs for $36. You can browse the catalogue here. The selection may not be top notch, but there's some good stuff, and it's a great opportunity to get some CDs for dirt cheap.

:mad: