The Thread Where You Talk About Music You Like

Pretty good, if generic, death metal. Riffin' as fuck and solid, but nothing really stands out. A lot of people here dig em a fuckload more than I do. Get Monument Of Death and Affiliated With The Suffering if you wanna check em (first one first!).

btw, add me on last.fm. My sig has a link to my pro. ;)

For sure, cool shit. And you do not see much Norwegian old-school-ish death metal in the usual style nowadays, so it's cooler!

I'm sure there are many dm bands i'm missing out.. i am more familiar with the black metal... I like dm bands like Bolt Thrower, Obituary, Nile, Death, Suffocation.. but i don't think they are the best from the best. Or are they? What am i missing? :/

V.V.V.V.V. said:
Fuck you that song rules! :lol:

I just bought Raunchy - Death Pop Romance. 5th best album of the year currently. You are all too straight and too metal to like it (usually I am too but I made a big exception here), so forget it.

Out of curiosity what is your top ten for 2006 thus far?

1. Tool - 10,000 Days (Volcano)
Obviously this has to be my top album...it's fucking Tool. Another brilliant outing from this band. I had high expectations for this, and while it's not quite as good as Lateralus, it is still a masterpiece.
2. Gory Blister - Skymorphosis (Mascot)
Brilliant and masterfully played technical death metal. Not overly so, however; very fittingly composed and modest, despite intense sections of ridiculous syncopation...or something.
3. Dismember - The God That Never Was (Regain)
Swedish death metal masters return with another insanely tight composition. After 2004's disappointing Where Ironcrosses Grow, the band is back with their best material since the debut!
4. Raunchy - Death Pop Romance (Lifeforce)
Now HERE's a surprise; I never knew I could enjoy this band so much. The previous album was pretty good but completely inconsistent; the band has thus matured into a fantastic, emotional act to watch.
5. Canvas Solaris - Penumbra Diffuse (Sensory)
Recorded in six fucking days, this instrumental whirlwind tour-de-force surprised me especially because the band's previous effort was total wank bullshit. Here's to learning how to compose!
6. Maroon - When Worlds Collide (Century Media)
Another CD from a band that's never impressed me: this time, German straightedge/vegan metalcore! But wait...solos? Acoustic intros? Fantastic concept? What the fuck, a total winner.
7. Textures - Drawing Circles (Listenable)
Progressive metal combined with just a bit of Meshuggah-esque chug, replacing that band's cynical outlook with a critical observation of the evolution of humanity, complete with perfect emotion.
8. Celtic Frost - Monotheist (Century Media)
Two CM CDs on my top ten is pretty amazing, but here goes; Tom and his gang return for the first time in for-fucking-ever with a truly progressive and monstrous work. Dare to be dark!
9. Anata - The Conductor's Departure (Earache)
Though jumping the bandwagon and milking the new tech. death phenomenon, Anata still stand above a lot of the competition in terms of not only their skill but also their knack for melody.
10. Saprogenic - Ichneumonid (Forever Underground)
Though blatantly less amazing than on their last CD, the step-down is only slight for this highly talented and visceral brutal death act; tight rhythms and riffs stab the listener with subtle epicness.

(taken from here)

hmm you keep raving and raving about Gory Blister, but aside from that awesome album intro and a few cool riffs here and there I found that album to be rather boring, run of the mill tech-death. Maybe I should give it some more listens but IMO the best tech-death album is still Neurotripsicks.

J Mann said:
hmm you keep raving and raving about Gory Blister, but aside from that awesome album intro and a few cool riffs here and there I found that album to be rather boring, run of the mill tech-death. Maybe I should give it some more listens but IMO the best tech-death album is still Neurotripsicks.

GB are much more emotional and have more feeling than Gorod.

Also Neurotripsicks was released last year so that's not even relevant here, really.

Metal is not just about cool riffs to me. It's a lot more. Albums that make me feel things I don't usually feel are the ones that get rated a lot more highly than ones that are well-played, etc. but lack the ability to really grab me and tell me to listen.

Im liking Alters of Madness right now, i finally got around to getting it the other day, along with Blessed...
I must i am dissapointed with Blessed though, it has a few good tracks on it, but i thought it was poor overall

Danallica said:
Im liking Alters of Madness right now, i finally got around to getting it the other day, along with Blessed...
I must i am dissapointed with Blessed though, it has a few good tracks on it, but i thought it was poor overall

Right on the money there. Mind you, I think Blessed is great, but not nearly as great as everyone makes it out to be. Altars fucking melts my mind though.

Décadent said:
Right on the money there. Mind you, I think Blessed is great, but not nearly as great as everyone makes it out to be. Altars fucking melts my mind though.

Yeh Blessed is ok, i think fall from Grace and Blesssed are the sick are two of morbids best songs.
I didnt like the production on Blessed that much either, and i thought the singing wasnt all that crash hot myself, at least compared to alters