The Thread Where You Talk About Music You Like

Blessed Are The Sick is an amazing album. I had the remastered re-release and lost it(only cd i've lost in my life) :cry:

V.V.V.V.V. said:
GB are much more emotional and have more feeling than Gorod.

Also Neurotripsicks was released last year so that's not even relevant here, really.

Metal is not just about cool riffs to me. It's a lot more. Albums that make me feel things I don't usually feel are the ones that get rated a lot more highly than ones that are well-played, etc. but lack the ability to really grab me and tell me to listen.

I feel the exact same way about music I just don't get that feeling from Skymorphosis, but again, I need to listen to it more.

Gateways is pretty cool too. Kind of clinical, alien sounding and utterly maevolent. I think it has a bit of a doom vibe to it too, oddly.

Who mentioned Heretic? There were one or two decent songs, and Trey's solos may have been the most technically profocient of his entire career, but on the whole it sounded so dull.

Décadent said:
Who mentioned Heretic? There were one or two decent songs, and Trey's solos may have been the most technically profocient of his entire career, but on the whole it sounded so dull.

I did, since we were discussing the latter works of Morbid Angel on three different threads :oops:

J Mann said:
I feel the exact same way about music I just don't get that feeling from Skymorphosis, but again, I need to listen to it more.

The album drips emotion. Listen with the lyrics in mind.

Décadent said:

God of our own divinity is the only song on heretic that stood out to me.

The production just sounds awful to me and the music rushed.

bands that have been owning me lately:

Forgotten Tomb
Forgotten Woods
Wreck of the Hesperus
Katatonia's first album
October Tide
Ataraxie
Dolorian
Mournful Congregation
Rapture
Saturnus
Daylight Dies
Anata
Drawn and Quartered
Funeral Oration
Abyssic Hate
Destroyer 666
Fragments of Unbecoming
Torchure

Already have both on cd. I just need Torchure 'essence' and the first lemming project.

REally liking Satyricon atm, in particular Dark Medieval times and nemesis Divina, Mother North is an awesome song

Life Sucks said:
Great band. At least the blackened thrash one from Portugal.
Yes, that is the one that I speak of, and it's probably the only one that matters. :headbang: