The Thread Where You Talk About Music You Like

Décadent said:
Nah, he was lucky enough to have brought a coat with him, which he wore quite tightly after the third or fourth death threat, I believe.
He was lucky indeed. I would think that most people would have the common sense to know that you really can't wear a shirt like that in public.

Décadent said:
Still never checked them out, despite their connections with Mournful Congregation and Esoteric. For I be a fool.

Yes, they are a fine band indeed, that singer has the most beautiful voice :kickass:

i have the arghoslent - flogging the cargo shirt, but seldom wear it, due to its tent like size.

its sort of discrete in so far as its not a completely clear picture and is only REALLY offensive if you know the band. but even then, like me, just because you support the band, doesnt mean you support their views.

byrne said:
just because you support the band, doesnt mean you support their views.

indeed. but some people do know what pictures from the middle passage look like (I think that's what it's called).

anyway. Listening to Abandoned Thrash Notes and it's not bad. music is good and the vocals kind of remind me of Tom Araya

unknown said:
indeed. but some people do know what pictures from the middle passage look like (I think that's what it's called).

anyway. Listening to Abandoned Thrash Notes and it's not bad. music is good and the vocals kind of remind me of Tom Araya

Ah, yeah, good album, actually.

I've been listening a lot to Apophis at the moment. Nice for the old skool death metallers among us.

byrne said:
i have the arghoslent - flogging the cargo shirt, but seldom wear it, due to its tent like size.

its sort of discrete in so far as its not a completely clear picture and is only REALLY offensive if you know the band. but even then, like me, just because you support the band, doesnt mean you support their views.

By supporting the band, you do support their views, whether it's voluntary or not. By giving them money and support it encourages not only the music, but their views as well.

It sucks because I like some NS music, like Nokturnal Mortum, but I won't buy their music because I will not support racism. I'd rather support illegal downloading of music than support racism. It's the lesser evil.

oh come on, martin luther king was like the archetypal promoter of black power, he just did it cleverly

on the other hand, MLK is black, and i also refuse to buy music from black artists (save stevie wonder, because he doesnt know hes black and theres something tragically beautiful about this)

The Timebird said:
oh come on, martin luther king was like the archetypal promoter of black power, he just did it cleverly

on the other hand, MLK is black, and i also refuse to buy music from black artists (save stevie wonder, because he doesnt know hes black and theres something tragically beautiful about this)

Well surely Stevie can smell his own my pals stench.