The Thread Where You Talk About Music You Like

Danallica said:
Ive often pondered weather or not me owning albums by bands that hold extreme viewpoints means that i support their views. I used to think that it probably does in some respects, now im not so sure.

If you, actively, do not support the views of these bands, you are not actively supporting the bands' views by purchasing their music.

We all have different views. As a person there is no reason to think you have to relate accept or understand every bands lyrics on a personal level. You don't have to share the same views with people you know or bands you like.

You are a person and bands you listen to our also persons and all you have to do is observe.

it's really simple

Not really, they're pretty redundant of the rest of the scene, and on a much lower quality level.

Susperia said:
Hating someone who is Christian however, can be viable. But only if they've done something that deserves hatred.

that is one of THE dumbest things i have ever read.

take this "extreme" example, which i admit is both impractical and unrealistic, but nonetheless proves my point:

1. a person is beaten into a bloody pulp by a group of "ethnic" men, because they wanted to stealy my ipod.

2. a person is beaten into a bloody pulp by a particular religious sect who wanted to tell me about their religion and how their saviour could lead to my redemption and forgiveness of sins (or, if it makes it easier, because they wanted to steal my ipod).

in both scenarios that person has been attacked without provocation by particular groups of people. using your reasoning, i couldnt generalise about that ethnic community, but i could generalise about the religious sect. how the fuck is that at all fair?

racism is overrated. its no worse than religious persecution, attacking political views, sexuality etc. yet you would be more than happy to buy a cd of a band that calls people "faggots", writes about the destruction of christianity OR writes about perceived political injustice.

perhaps you should listen to less HYPORCISY susperia ...

as far as the argument about cd purchase goes - i would have thought most cds were purchased on consignment in line with how retailers tend to operate, which would more likely make susperia right, but then again, i dont own a record store, so i dont know.

sorrow (US) are totally fucking awesome, massively heavy old school doomy DM (from 1992, just in case you're doubting it's good), exploring social themes in an unusually quirky, ironic manner. all of you get hatred and disgust if you don't have it already.

I love all kinds of music actually. Depends on my mood. Mostly I like black metal, thrash metal. My favorite metal originating countries are Norway, Finland, Sweden and Germany.

Favorite bands are:

Children of Bodom, Dimmu Borgir, Impaled Nazarene, Norther, Immortal, Arch Enemy and Naglfar

Love all 80's metal since that's what I grew up on.:headbang:

The Timebird said:
sorrow (US) are totally fucking awesome, massively heavy old school doomy DM (from 1992, just in case you're doubting it's good), exploring social themes in an unusually quirky, ironic manner. all of you get hatred and disgust if you don't have it already.
I didn't like it.. the lyrics annoyed the hell out of me... but music is fucking awesome