The Thread Where You Talk About Music You Like

cookiecutter said:
That's probably why I don't like it. For some reason I have a hard time getting into Morbid Angel, despite loving death metal.
That's sad. I feel sorry for you. "Altars of Madness" is pure ownage.

V.V.V.V.V. said:
The real question here is:

Do you like Mithras?

Sorry, been hard at work for a couple of days.

*Clears throat, stands on soap box*

MITHRAS ARE FUCKING UTTER DOGSHIT

Thanks, I'll be here all week. :kickass:

South Florida death thrashers SOLSTICE have reunited and are working on new material. The lineup is the same one from the second album, "Pray" (1995), which is as follows:

Alex Marquez (ex-MALEVOLENT CREATION, DEMOLITION HAMMER, DISINCARNATE) - Drums
Dennis Munoz - guitar
Garret Scott - bass
Christian Rudes - guitar, vocals

According to the band, SOLSTICE's current musical style is "more like the [self-titled debut from 1992] as opposed to 'Pray'. We originally wanted Rob Barrett [guitar] to do it but we know he is extremely busy with CANNIBAL CORPSE, so we didn't even ask. After a couple of months of digging around, we were able to find Rudes and he was into it so we went that way. He's an amazing player and his voice is super brutal now. We heard some songs he wrote, and wow, it was killer!"

Hardy fucking har.

Skrewdriver, Empire Falls, Bound For Glory (some influences), some other bands whose names I don't know

1349 - "Hellfire"
Ok, so I got this today not expecting much. After listening to a few tracks online I regretted ordering it. After listening to a couple tracks on the album though, I can't say I'm not enjoying this. I can understand why the band is looked down upon: the norsecore blastbeats, the cliche/gimmicky image and lyrics, etc. I checked this band out because they are opening for Celtic Frost Tuesday and I wanted to have some familiarity with their material so as to enjoy their performance more. I don't really regret it, though the drumming does get on my nerves.

I also ordered all Overkill full-lengths (except "The Years of Decay", which I already have) and the "Wrecking Everything" DVD. :kickass:

Hellfire is a great album, from the relentlessness of "Sculptor of Flesh" to the pagan melodies of "Nathicana". Plus the opening riff to "Celestial Deconstruction" is godly.

I don't own "Beyond the Apocalypse" or "Liberation". Any reccomendations on these two?