The Thread Where You Talk About Music You Like

V.V.V.V.V. said:
Right...about music I like right now...

-Brain Drill - The Parasites (not-as-generic-as-it-sounds brutal death with amazing melodic sweeping for no real reason)
-Sinister - Afterburner (this is death metal that is far, far, FAR too fucking good to be on Nuclear Blast...what the fuck is this band still doing on NB?!)
-Persefone - Core (extreme symphonic epic progressive metal with death and black metal parts...if you're into any of the above type things, you'll love this album...and if that didn't sell you, the album is three 22+ minute tracks!)
-Septycal Gorge - Growing Seeds Of Decay (brutal Italian death metal with 50% slams, 50% tremolo and ridiculously awesome breakdowns. sound like your ideal music? if it does, you're probably already on your way to downloadling/buying it!)
-Anata - The Conductor's Departure (just read my review.)
-Qhwertt - Cloudland (ambient funeral/drone doom...contemplative and sorrowful...mysterious and elegant. GET IT!)
-Pitbulls In The Nursery - Lunatic (despite the dumb name, though they have an amazing album cover to balance it out, this band fucking rules. groovy tech-death perhaps like Gorod, who also rule. and are also from france.)

Your modern death metal knowledge is insane, keep up the work.

V.V.V.V.V. said:
-Sinister - Afterburner (this is death metal that is far, far, FAR too fucking good to be on Nuclear Blast...what the fuck is this band still doing on NB?!)
-Anata - The Conductor's Departure (just read my review.)
Aw, you found the Sinister to be good? Well then I'll have to listen to it again, because I didn't like it first time. Their vocalist is not very good though...

The Anata was pretty sexy, I thought...

MetalNoob said:
Your modern death metal knowledge is insane, keep up the work.

:)

nissan said:
Aw, you found the Sinister to be good? Well then I'll have to listen to it again, because I didn't like it first time. Their vocalist is not very good though...

Yeah? It's awesome as hell...I love their use of melody combined with composition technique on Afterburner. And the mid-song samples are really cool too!

nissan said:
The Anata was pretty sexy, I thought...

Definitely.

V.V.V.V.V. said:
You will love it. It's fucking brutal but still memorable and even pretty catchy. And the vocals are awesome.
Ridiculously awesome breakdowns?

I need this too...

It's brutal death metal...of course it's going to have great breakdowns!

In-Quest - Epileptic has THE breakdowns though, seriously...

Awesome album...too bad those dudes broke up. :(

Have you heard Disavowed? They're even BETTER than Pyaemia. Inveracity too. Cheers!

Yeah true, Pyaemia sure does pull out some fucking riffs here and there. The first riff in Disavowed's "Reason Rejected" is awesome though.

Get Inveracity - Circle Of Perversion. Early Suffo-worship with fantastic vocals and riffs (and pretty great drumming too!). And awesome lyrics.

V.V.V.V.V. said:
Yeah true, Pyaemia sure does pull out some fucking riffs here and there. The first riff in Disavowed's "Reason Rejected" is awesome though.

Get Inveracity - Circle Of Perversion. Early Suffo-worship with fantastic vocals and riffs (and pretty great drumming too!). And awesome lyrics.

Sounds sweet, any Suffo-worship should have good drums, otherwise it won't due them justice. Mike Smith is a fucking death metal legend, imo. The name obviously came from the song Liege of Inveracity off of "Effigy of the Forgotten"

Yeah probably did, but after reading with the lyrics, I'm assuming a lot of the influence for the title came from how the band feels towards women...sluts, whores, all liars and filthy cunts! Thus, inveracity.

Yay! Seriously this is fucking cool. Even very original, I'd say. The keyboards are very well utilized. They're from Oregon also!

I'm listening to Incantation - The Forsaken Mourning Of Angelic Anguish and it's super fucking great! How the hell did i find out so late about this? :kickass: :kickass:
Btw, does anyone know something about their new album?