The Thread Where You Talk About Music You Like

I strongly recomend Evocation and their new album 'tales from the tomb'(hopefully it's out soon). Evocation released 2 demo's in the early 90's and are a swedish death metal band. Evocation really are staying true to their sound unlike so many swedish death metal bands like entombed. This album is going to kick people's faces.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=49298540

Reactions: Slayed Necros
I just listened to Vader's "The Ultimate Incantation" in the car. Now I see why they call this the perfect Morbid Angel worship. Plus it's more brutal. :kickass:

Lost Horizon- my favorite power metal band (which is not saying much since i do not know a ton about power metal)

Great band! Any other bands that sound similar to them? I have been buying a lot of power metal lately, and unfortunately most of it sucks. The only good purchase would have to be Avian-From The Depths Of Time

both of their albums own, imo

Mike27 said:
Lost Horizon- my favorite power metal band (which is not saying much since i do not know a ton about power metal)

Great band! Any other bands that sound similar to them? I have been buying a lot of power metal lately, and unfortunately most of it sucks. The only good purchase would have to be Avian-From The Depths Of Time

both of their albums own, imo

Listen to Hibria - Defying The Rules. Fantastic epic speed/prog/power/heavy metal with a concept about MOTORCYCLE WARS!

The Greys said:
I strongly recomend Evocation and their new album 'tales from the tomb'(hopefully it's out soon). Evocation released 2 demo's in the early 90's and are a swedish death metal band. Evocation really are staying true to their sound unlike so many swedish death metal bands like entombed. This album is going to kick people's faces.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=49298540

This has been on my to listen to list for a long time, perhaps I should get around to buying/listening to it.