The Thread Where You Talk About Music You Like

Notice how I put "poser" in scare quotes? Anyway, the notion of a poser is completely irrelevant here.

Anyway, I'm checking out Massacra's 2nd album Enjoy the Violence. Hopefully it'll hit more than Final Holocaust. FH was fine, but somehow I expected a LOT more from an album that used to grace the top of Anus' Best Ever roster. I guess it's simply viewed as a historically significant release of key importance

Amorphis -the karelian isthmus or God Macabre -the winterlong. I have narrowed down these as being the best death metal albums. Acouple others are close.

I think Eternal Darkness 'total darkness' compilation might top these two if it's ever released.
The Karelian Isthmus, yes. God Macabre were very good, but I actually like Wombbath and Evocation better as far old school Sunlight Studios death goes.

God damn, Dark Tribe - In Jeraspunta is a good album.

Best black metal album in the past 10 years, easy.

Necrophiliac rules, also check out country/label mates, Unbounded Terror.

As for the best Sunlight/Swedish death metal album, what about Like An Everflowing Stream, The Nocturnal Silence, Dark Recollections, Shadows In the Deep and motherfucking BEYOND SANCTORUM. God Macabre is right up there, too. I also rate Excruciate, Epitaph and Carbonized very high. If Liers In Wait released a full-length album, it'd be the best thing ever.