The Thread Where You Talk About Music You Like

Lots of variation today: Sunn O))), Discharge, Isis, The Chasm, Sol Invictus, Virgin Steele and Pelican have been making me smile.

(Good call on the Sunn O))) VVVVV, I'm enjoying White 1 right now).

Necro Joe said:
Lots of variation today: Sunn O))), Discharge, Isis, The Chasm, Sol Invictus, Virgin Steele and Pelican have been making me smile.

(Good call on the Sunn O))) VVVVV, I'm enjoying White 1 right now).

Glad to hear! White1 is probably their worst album, but still an 80 or so. Go for ØØ Void next.

I have a song or two off each of their albums (though White 1 is the only one I own) and I think they're newer stuff appeals to me slightly more, though it's all good if you can get into it (and you're in the right mood). How do they compare to other drone bands?

There aren't that many drone bands, apart from probably some really freaking underground ones. Earth are good (Sunn started off covering Earth tracks at shows), and Ungl'Unl'Rrlh'Chchch are decent, as well.

Finaly picked up a copy of the great original Aussie thrashers "Hobbs Angel of Death". To any Aussie this band probably needs no introduction, but to the rest of you... if you enjoy raw early thrash in the Testament or Destruction style, CHECK THIS OUT!

Can someone recomend me some stuff in the vein of Mirrorthrone, that doesn't sound like it was recorded by 8th grader "fiosec" from Arkansas in his basment?

Can anyone tell me how Helstar's other releases compare to "Nosferatu"? Also, has anything of note come from Bruce Dickinson's solo project other than "The Chemical Wedding"?

Remnants of War is a great Helstar album, possibly even better than Nosferatu–a bit more trad-sounding as opposed to speed/power, but definitely more epic than Burning Star.

As for Bruce Bruce, Accident of Birth is a damn good album; not quite as awesome as Chemical Wedding, but worth checking out. Similar sound.

Allow me to bring up melodic death metal if I may.

I'm realy getting into it at the moment, but all I've realy got is early At the Gates, Eucharist, Arghoslent, Necrophobic, Intestine Baalism and Serpens Aeon. Any recommendations?