The Thread Where You Talk About Music You Like

Unfaithfully Metalhead said:
Great thread.I havent been listening to much lately but what i am listening alot to is below.. if anyone can make recommendations to me of melodic bands in all genre's (black, death, powermetal , thrash etc. though im not much of a power metal fan.. ) let me know.. i dont know which bands are melodic or not and also let me know if there are any websites where i can hear there songs first.. like song samples.. Amazon.com maybe? ... I've read articles on Susperia , Into Eternity & Satyricon... does anyone recommend their new albums? ... Also i was a Exodus fan from the 80's, does anyone recommend their new album? I am also considering getting Death Angel's new one. I saw someone say they are listening to DA's The Ultra-Violence album. That brings back memories. anyways let me know your recommendations for what im looking to listen to...

1. Dimmu Borgir - Puritanical Euphoric Misanthropia
2. Dimmu Borgir - Death Cult Armageddon
3. The Black Dahlia Murder - Unhallowed
4. Children of Bodom - Hatebreeder
I recommend Exodus's new album. Tempo Of The Damned. I enjoy it. Also, I would like to hear some more melodic shit, too. I like the brutal, in your face, crazy shit also, but my music taste depends on my mood. I only have one Death Angel cd-Fall From Grace. i would like to hear more from them. As for websites where you can hear samples of songs first, I suggest checking out a couple of zine sites, or perhaps "Metal News" sites. I can't think of any off hand, but I know I have seen them around. Also try checking on the bands site. A lot of bands have Mp3's to download to let you take a listen. Iam sure you tried that route though.

misfit said:
Vital Remains - Dechristianize
Never wanted to get this album, due to its extremity, but I was bored @ work one day and ended up downloading it.

The album dominates.
I agree. Very brutal album.

Profånity said:
My favourite Doom album is Katatonia - Dance Of December Souls.
I have yet to hear Katatonia. Me and my cousin were discussing Opeth, and he told me to get some Katatonia.

Serge... said:
Been listening to a lot of technical death lately, like Spawn of Possession, Necrophagist, Psycroptic, Capharnaum, and Theory in Practice. I've also really been into the oldies lately, especially Pink Floyd. Can't seem to get enough of the Wall. Other odd bands I've been really into lately have been Bal-Sagoth, Exhorder, Zero Hour, Arcturus, and Symphony X.

Any recommendations for some non-metal? No jazz either, because I've got plenty of that to listen to. And I know I've already started a thread like this, but I thought I'd ask again. Something that would make me say, "Wow, never heard anything like this before."
Have you heard John McLaughlin with Shakti or Mahavishnu Orchestra? It isn't really Jazz, I don't know what to call it actually. If you would like, I could upload a song on the net for you on my server, to download just to give you a chance to listen to it.

HannibalGuy said:
Whore is a side project the singer from Fornicator, who are a death metal/grind band. You might want to check them out.

If you love hateful grind, try Vaginal Jesus, although they're more of a hardcore band.
Ok will do.....I also just got Gadget's "Remote" fucking awesome Nasum style grind

spaffe said:
judging by that list i would be really surprised if you did not enjoy arackanum immensly. oh, and you need some deathspell omega as well, preferably their latest. cheers
Yeah, I already know Arckanum. In fact, I mentioned the band before on this thread. I'll look for deathspell, though. Btw, thanks GoD and Sorath for your recommendations.

Now that I have a bit more time I'll name specific albums:

Deathspell Omega - Si Monvmentvm Reqvires, Circvmspice
Astrofaes - Ancestor's Shadows
Astrofaes - Heritage
Drudkh - Autumn Aurora
Drudkh - Forgotten Legends
Wolfnacht - Heidentum
The Shadow Order - Raise the Banners
Summoning - all, but Dol Guldur is their best work
Moonblood - all, but Blut and Krieg is their best full-length
Arkona - Zeta Reticuli
Nachtfalke - Land of Frost
Nachtfalke - Doomed to Die

Thank you Sweet Majestic and Henrik... You might consider getting Death Angel's Ultra-Violence or Act III albums Majestic... they were like teenagers when Ultra came out so its a amazing album... if you can't find it try ebay or some used CD store... Also John Mclaughlin is usually considered Fusion.. he has done a number of albums with fusion artists. he also did a album or two with Carlos Santana. Was a very fast player for his time in the early 70's. Henrik which of 1349's two albums do you consider to be the better one? Liberation or their most recent one? ....

Blut Aus Nord - Memoria Vetusta (this album owns but it's totally different from TWWTG)
Behemoth - Sventevith (Storming Near the Baltic) (This is my favorite of Behemoth's works)
The Chasm - Deathcult for Eternity: The Triumph (the only Chasm album I own but I can't get enough of it)
Demigod - Slumber of Sullen Eyes (One of the best Death Metal albums ever recorded)
Mithras - Worlds Beyond the Veil (I think this a really interesting album but I think I'm alone on that)
Warhorse - As Heaven Turns to Ash (This is godly, trance-inducing doom metal)
Vital Remains - Dawn of the Apocalypse (this album kicks my hairy white ass)

Freanan said:
Could anyone please tell me, if Behemoth's "From the pagan Vastlands" is really that great?
Is it different to Grom (do not like Grom very much)?

yes it's pretty different, it is as erik said a lot more basic and there not any clear singing or folk elements. highly recomended anyway

Spirit In Black said:
Ok will do.....I also just got Gadget's "Remote" fucking awesome Nasum style grind

^

MightyDrynwhyl said:
I am really enjoying the Wormphlegm demo and wish I could see them at the Ashes To Ashes Dust To Dust festival. I doubt I've ever heard more tortured music in my life. They make Khanate look like pussies.

Hahahaha, that they do!

I love all kinds of music, it helps me think and write music and lyrics.
Anthrax-Fist full of metal, Stormtroopers Of Death-Bigger than the Devil
Pantera-(any album will do), Crowbar-(All) :worship: , Anti-flag-A new kind of army, Wrathchild America-Climbin the walls
Dio-Killing the Dragon, Black sabbath-Mob Rules :headbang: :worship: , Twisted Sister-Stay hungry
MercYful Fate-into the unknown, Solitude auternus-Through the darkest hour
Manowar-Fighting the world, Nocturnal rites-Afterlife, Judas preist-Painkiller :worship:
Sepultura-Arise, Venom-Beauty and the beast, Danzig- (any), Black label society-The blessed hellride, Blind guardian-(latest)Metal church-(i dunno what it's called.), W.A.S.P-Saving the world, Johny Cash-(any)
Iron maiden-killers, Down-II :headbang: , A/C D/C-The razors edge, and about A hundred more I can't remember right now. Later, -RJAIII-