The Thread Where You Talk About Music You Like

Lately, I really enjoy the atmosphere that Gehenna's First Spell has. Anyone knows of any other albums/bands that play BM but at that slow/creepy/forest kinda atmosphere?

Freanan said:
Could anyone please tell me, if Behemoth's "From the pagan Vastlands" is really that great?
Is it different to Grom (do not like Grom very much)?

Get Sventevith (Storming Near The Baltic) instead. It's the best album of their BM days.

Fourka said:
Lately, I really enjoy the atmosphere that Gehenna's First Spell has. Anyone knows of any other albums/bands that play BM but at that slow/creepy/forest kinda atmosphere?

Slow BM? Carpathian Forest, Gontyna Kry, Cult of Daath, Amduscias...

I've recently rediscovered a few bands. Namely Machine Head, Therion, Control Denied, and Carlos Santana.

For some reason, I had this 80's metal song stuck in my head. Didn't know what it was. Turns out it was "Cherry Pie" by Warrant. Damn, that song has a sick riff in it!

Threshold's new album, Subsurface is going to be really good according to the song 'Mission Profile'.

Good prog metal makes me happy. :)

I've been listening to the two new Xasthur's "Telepathic With the Deceased" a lot lately. I really like the direction he's heading, adding more doomy elements. Just downloaded "To Violate the Oblivious" and am enjoying this one a lot as well. Deathspell's and Leviathan's new albums have been getting a lot of play as well. I finally managed to download Mutiilation's "Remments of a Lost, Cursed and Dead Soul" and I'm loving it. Something about being surrounded by a household of Christains has made black metal a must for me during the past week...

I've been listening to alot of Psycroptic, mainly because I'm learning how to play A Planetary Discipline. Lykathea Aflame's Elvenefris is in my queue list. I've heard some songs already and all I can say is that it kicks major arse. It sounds so eclectic yet cohesive.