The Thread Where You Talk About Music You Like

But the way, what do you think of Autechre's new (harsher) stuff compared to their older stuff? I'm thinking about checking out "Confield" sometime....

"Confield" is a fucking fantastic album. Like SV said, it's really inaccessible but if you give it enough effort it's a very rewarding listen. It's very hard to describe "Confield". It's a very "abstract" album. One of the most noticeable features is its very disjointed sense of rhythm.

I will definitely give it a try. Lately, I've been playing "Chiastic Slide" alot, the album I believe that most fans consider the 'bridge' album of sorts between their older more melodic style and the newer rough experimental style. Track 4 "Cichli" in particular is pure genius.

apparently some of the music on confield was produced using generative music algorithms which the band members created....pretty interesting

Décadent;5602281 said:
Been looking for this for a while, having difficulties finding it even on filesharing networks. Bought the Old Wainds "We Are the North" split a few weeks ago, and it sounds good, but I'm definitely keen on hearing the full length.

Aye, it's much more developed than the material on the split. Definitely among my picks for the best BM albums of the past 10 years. PM me if you want me to upload it.

Quick question:

The Sodom "In the Sign of Evil/Obsessed By Cruelty" album is said to have 16 tracks, but there are 19 when I put it in my computer. Does anybody know the REAL tracklist?

The extra tracks are short intro/outros, on some versions they are incorporated into their respective song, like Burst Command til War. Go to Metal Archive's entry for Obsessed by Cruelty, it has the correct listings.

Aye, it's much more developed than the material on the split. Definitely among my picks for the best BM albums of the past 10 years. PM me if you want me to upload it.
Should be right to find it, I'll just look a little harder now that it's gotten some praise.

Speaking of uploads, how'd you find that Goat Molestor / Necros Christos material?

Oh yeah, I meant to tell you I had problems downloading that. As in it didn't work/went ridiculously slow. I tried several times, to no avail. :(

I'm guessing it's a problem on my side, though.

Eh, a few people have had that problem getting things off my site. Can't explain it, but I'll try getting it up on yousendit perhaps.

i know im out of date on this but crimson massacre - the luster of pandemonium is pretty good i guess...probably the only important recent DM album outside of the chasm's stuff? and maybe stargazer

It's the same case with Sacramentum and "Far Away From the Sun'... not that anything they did afterwards sucked, its just that the material really did nothing to develop upon that album's ideas (which had plenty of potential).

The coming of chaos very much expands on the melodic ideas used on far away from the sun probably as much as the band could, both cds are still different.

Décadent;5602281 said:
Been looking for this for a while, having difficulties finding it even on filesharing networks. Bought the Old Wainds "We Are the North" split a few weeks ago, and it sounds good, but I'm definitely keen on hearing the full length.

Once I'm at home I'll upload it to you (once I figure how to)

something like that i guess....its not like theres been much more great stuff in the last 10 or so though :/

By important I'm guessing you mean not a total rip off of every band out there and capable of doing interesting things.

Ethereal Blue - Black Heart Process
Emyprean Sky - The Snow White Rose Of Paradise
Neglected Fields - Mephisto Lettonica; Splenetic
Persefone - Truth Inside The Shades; Core
Wayd - Barriers; Decadance