The Thread Where You Talk About Music You Like

What do you think of Satyricon ?

Their first three albums were the epitome of the early 90's black metal scene. Their newer stuff is decent, but I would recommend starting with "Dark Medieval Times" or "Nemesis Divina" if you haven't heard any of them; the former is good for lo-fi, buzzing black metal with many an acoustic interlude and subtle ambience, and the latter is better for heavier, decently-produced BM with ambience in a little less abundance.

i know im out of date on this but crimson massacre - the luster of pandemonium is pretty good i guess...probably the only important recent DM album outside of the chasm's stuff? and maybe stargazer

How about Immolation's outputs and (possibly) Negativa as well?

i know im out of date on this but crimson massacre - the luster of pandemonium is pretty good i guess...probably the only important recent DM album outside of the chasm's stuff? and maybe stargazer
Well, The Luster of Pandemonium is at least one fifth listenable. The Hyperborean's Epitaph is a great instrumental

Uhm, wait a sec, so Gorguts doesn't appeal to you, but Crimson Massacre does? Wow

Well, The Luster of Pandemonium is at least one fifth listenable. The Hyperborean's Epitaph is a great instrumental

Uhm, wait a sec, so Gorguts doesn't appeal to you, but Crimson Massacre does? Wow

Nope you are wrong, the album in fantastic in all ways :)