The Thread Where You Talk About Music You Like

I just listened to Dismember's Like An Ever Flowing Stream for the first time the other day. Does anybody else find this to be a very mediocre album? I didn't really find anything special about it.

I like the album. LAEFS is still not one of my favorite swedish death metal cds. Listen to Carnage 'dark recollections' which is almost the same line up which is released a few years before. much better

Just listened to Deicide's "Legion" for the first time. I stayed away from this band because I heard they suck from just about everyone, but I really like Legion. Is the old stuff frowned upon as much as the newer stuff?

Nah, the first two Deicide albums are much appreciated by many a DM aficionado, and for good reason.

Deicide is awesome but going back to LAEFS, and agreeing with the greys, the vocals are very hardcore but they are death hardcore but not the mainstream emo kind, it sounds good on songs like I Saw Them Die...and Death Metal and Indecent and Obscene have more death vocals...but out of good death metal bands Suffocation is better than Deicide and Dismember imo though i like dismember more

personally Dismember - Where Ironcrosses Lay, Death Metal, and Hate Campaign are my favorites

wooooah, slow down there. Something went horribly wrong. It goes:
1. Like An Ever Flowing Stream
2. Indecent & Obscene
3. The God That Never Was
(4. Massive Killing Capacity... maybe)
All the others.
That's pretty much a fact of life.
The demos are ace as well.

I never got the hype surrounding Dismember. they're ok, I guess. not the best death metal around.

Massacra - Final Holocaust is completely awesome. One of the best death metal releases ever. It's better than Morbid Angel as well, and I love MA's first two releases. Also, I don't understand you having "grown tired" of it - I assume this means you used to enjoy it?

2. Indecent & Obscene
All the others.

Agree, except I'd perhaps even put TGNWS over I&O...how's that for controversy!?

2. Indecent & Obscene
All the others.

is TGTNW really that good, i actually haven't picked up a copy yet cause i never had time...ever, and i call myself a dismember fan haha

shit i can't believe i forgot indecent and obscene i seriously meant to put that in place of hate campaign, death metal is really a more mediocre and repetitive album but the songs misanthropic and let the napalm rain are very good imo, but the EP Pieces was great, and LAEFS i will finally agree and say it is the best but i still love where ironcrosses grow

Massacra - Final Holocaust is completely awesome. One of the best death metal releases ever. It's better than Morbid Angel as well, and I love MA's first two releases. Also, I don't understand you having "grown tired" of it - I assume this means you used to enjoy it?
Yea I did but it never struck me as being anything out of the ordinary, just good. But the album has always seemed drawn out,unfocused and recently it's become really tedious. Final Holocaust just isn't a compelling listen, imo