The Thread Where You Talk About Music You Like

Necuratul: well you can't expect everyone to be a diehard fan of all the classics, now can you?
But I love Revenant and Morbid Angel and Atheist and a shitload of other classic acts and have even rediscovered the excellence of some bands I thought sucked. I think I'm well compensated.

Ah, cool then:) I wasn't really taking it seriously though, I rarely do, especially when it comes to something as subjective as taste So, let's resume with talking about music we do like

Well at least there is one thing we can agree on-they're French:p
And as I said earlier I've grown to like Seance a lot. Saltrubbed Eyes is a great album. Fornever Laid to Rest isn't really impressive, but it may grow on me overtime

Necuratul: well you can't expect everyone to be a diehard fan of all the classics, now can you?
But I love Revenant and Morbid Angel and Atheist and a shitload of other classic acts and have even rediscovered the excellence of some bands I thought sucked. I think I'm well compensated.

I didn't think Revenant was that great. The songs were too long, the riffing was very linear, and they aren't even close to Morbid Angel or Massacre.

I like the album. LAEFS is still not one of my favorite swedish death metal cds. Listen to Carnage 'dark recollections' which is almost the same line up which is released a few years before. much better

I already had it and I do like it a lot better. The riffs and songs in general are much more memorable.

That should fucking be the title of a sticky thread here.

I've always favoured Enjoy the Violence over Final Holocaust, but both are pretty fantastic. Definitely deserving of the praise they recieve (outside of ANUS). Signs of the Decline isn't bad, either.

I enjoy 'enjoy the violence' more also. Song wise ETV is more memorable and organised, and songs have more indentity. Final Holocaust is great regardless.

Another album which suffers from the problem of being drawn out is Carcass' Necroticism. It's essentially a riff-fest, that's somewhat lacking in coherence and it gets tiresome sometimes to listen to it in one sitting but strangely enogh I still enjoy it more than either Massacra. Ah, crunchy goodness:kickass:
Oh, and Revenant demolish Massacra of course. Supreme death/thrash. Sorry for the agressive tone. I'm not in my best of moods today

Axis of Perdition update :kickass:

The Axis of Perdition, currently lacking someone to stop them, will be releasing not ONE but a scandalous and unacceptable TWO albums within the next 18 months, in a move aimed to cause our chronic (g)listeners to book into psychiatric care en masse.

The next phase of the band's degradation will comprise a single story arc over two complementary albums, each unwisely lifting the lid on a different side of the band's irredeemably diseased psyche.

Continuity will be maintained by the presence of talented local actor Leslie Simpson ("Dog Soldiers", "The Descent"), providing dismayed commentary and fevered narrative to the band's collective wrong, burying the notion of a "sample" in the world of TAOP permanently.

The first new stain on reality will arrive in the malformed shape of "Grief Of The Unclean" in Spring 2007, regrettably followed by its hideous sister-album "Tenements Of The Anointed Flesh" in Spring 2008.

In related news, TAOP's dark ambient alter-ego, Pulsefear, will be releasing their debut album "Perichoresis" in a limited edition of 1000 via Profound Lore Records in Spring 2007. The artwork for this album has been generously provided by the talented photographer and urban explorer Melanie Rhys; her work can be viewed at the following address: http://www.tuneage.plus.com

wooooah, slow down there. Something went horribly wrong. It goes:
1. Like An Ever Flowing Stream
2. Indecent & Obscene
3. The God That Never Was
(4. Massive Killing Capacity... maybe)
All the others.
That's pretty much a fact of life.
The demos are ace as well.

You'd put Massive Killing Capacity above Death Metal? Like, seriously ? Wow.

On the Carnage front - mediocre, if amusing. LHP is THE Swedish DM album, i.m.o.