The Thread Where You Talk About Music You Like

don't want to know how you know

on a side note, Dog Fashion Disco has been kicking my ass lately. I just got into them and found out they're breaking up. Goddamn fucking musicians

Anyone listened to the new Killswitch Engage?

I just picked it up a few days ago...
Haven't really listened to it enough to form a solid opinion.
Three tracks that stand out for me though are, The Arms of Sorrow, Daylight Dies and Desperate Times.
I really liked "The End of Heartache" and this cd has it's similarities.

I just picked it up a few days ago...
Haven't really listened to it enough to form a solid opinion.
Three tracks that stand out for me though are, The Arms of Sorrow, Daylight Dies and Desperate Times.
I really liked "The End of Heartache" and this cd has it's similarities.

What's a heartache, is that like before you have a heart attack and you need to take a bayer asprin because you're an old hag!

I love her voice, really unique and kind of adorable not to mention melodramatic.

i used to really really love her, i loved 'milk eyed mender' when i came out, but at some point i kind of started to feel like she was playing a bad joke on all of us... or at very least that her true abilities as a songwriter would be better utilized if she kinda throttled back on the freak vibe...

i still don't know exactly what i think. but Ys was a pleasantly complex surprise, so i'll give her credit for innovation and keep pondering...

What's a heartache, is that like before you have a heart attack and you need to take a bayer asprin because you're an old hag!

That's one possible definition I suppose...
Another would be that it's what happens to guys who can't get laid, and over time they turn into miserable assholes. Tragic, really.

i used to really really love her, i loved 'milk eyed mender' when i came out, but at some point i kind of started to feel like she was playing a bad joke on all of us... or at very least that her true abilities as a songwriter would be better utilized if she kinda throttled back on the freak vibe...

i still don't know exactly what i think. but Ys was a pleasantly complex surprise, so i'll give her credit for innovation and keep pondering...

I think the freak vibe adds a level of endearingness (is that even a word) to her music, and it comes of as rather honest.