The Thread Where You Talk About Music You Like

fans of atmospheric/folk/medieval/black/viking/doomish etc metal (krigloch.. susperia, maybe others) should check this blog out, it's got some stuff you might not know:

Asabay

you can click the archives for more albums as well :oops:

the really good ones

what? :lol: it's not one band, it's a huge collection of albums.

i can't think of an clear way of describing such a variety of album's "type" of atmosphere besides what i already said:

folk/medieval/black/viking/doomish

go, pick something and listen!

I've been enjoying Malleus Maleficarum (not Pestilence album), trash influenced black metal from France.I have two albums and plan on getting the new one as well.

For those not familiar with this band, you can download some samples here...

Malleus Maleficarum

I've been enjoying Malleus Maleficarum (not Pestilence album), trash influenced black metal from France.I have two albums and plan on getting the new one as well.

For those not familiar with this band, you can download some samples here...

Malleus Maleficarum

Another band, I've forgotten about, Taedium Vitae was pretty solid. Much different from it's great French BM counterparts (les Légions Noires). Some nice Raw riffage showcased.

tsop is clearly the worst of death. its outright boring. the songs are poorly written and are generic as fuck. although the cover of painkiller is absolutely killer.

the rest of death's catalogue rules though. you cant really severely flaw anything between scream bloody gore and symbolic, as the music ranges from good through to brilliant (see "pull the plug")
I can't stand Chuck's vocals on that album. That is what ruins it most for me. IMO Human is Death's best album.

I can't stand Chuck's vocals on that album. That is what ruins it most for me. IMO Human is Death's best album.

I love chuck's vocals on that album

to be honest, that album is definately not for hardline/DM purists (and definately not for everybody in general)... it's damn near dream theater doing death metal

but I absolutely love every aspect of it.... vocals, lyrics, riffs, solos, double bass drumming, million time changes, production, etc... etc...

Yeah, the drumming is the absolute highlight of TSOP...Christy is great. However, almost everyone else falls short, though the bass is of course quite good. All of the songs are pretty damn wanky and Chuck...well, Chuck sucked by then...

Revenant- Prophecies of a Dying World

BADGERBANGER.gif

KILLER!:worship:

Yeah, the drumming is the absolute highlight of TSOP...Christy is great. However, almost everyone else falls short, though the bass is of course quite good. All of the songs are pretty damn wanky and Chuck...well, Chuck sucked by then...

Yeah, true. I always found his voice to get weaker and weaker with each album.

Currently enjoying:
Confessor - Condemned
Branikald - Rdyandalir
Killing Joke - Killing Joke
Bach - Lute Suites
Judas Priest - Sad Wings of Destiny
Sorcier Des Glaces - Snowland

Descriptions on request.

"one of dooms most capable guitarists, Ilia Rodriguez" - I'm sure he'd be pretty chuffed with that remark!

He rightfully should be Pantheist's The Pains of Sleep EP and Indesinence's Noctambulism are fucking fantastic and the guitar work just entrances me :) (Sure only 2 songs were originals on the TPoS EP but still I love the guy.)