The Thread Where You Talk About Music You Like

"Slaughter of the Soul" does just that, slaughters. I can't believe how you can't appreciate the fucking awesome riffing and frenetic pace of those songs. And the drums are amazing. I don't get how you can call it repetitive. The only thing repetitive about it is that it is consistently brughtal!

It has some good songs, but it is indeed repetitive. Even when I really liked this sort of thing it got repetitive.

Jimmy Eat World's first few albums (before they sold out obscenely, started playing shitty pop-rock, and became world famous) are great midwest-style post-emo, which I guess makes them the only mainstream band post-Sunny Day Real Estate to be labelled "emo" by the clueless fucks who've hijacked the term who at any point had any association with the actual emo scene. Who knew!

edit: okay Thursday are another band that would fit that classification but they were never emo nor post-emo so shut up you fucking nitpickers >:mad:

except SotS is their worst album and pretty much one of the worst albums ever in terms of historical impact on the metal scene

edit: fuck!

edit: okay Thursday are another band that would fit that classification but they were never emo nor post-emo so shut up you fucking nitpickers >:mad:

Insightful edits, dude:p
A bit edgy lately, aint ya?
Crimson Massacre overload?

What do you think of Sunn O)))
My friend stuck on "My Wall" and now i can't stop thinking of him saying "Johnny Guitar" haha.

And it is also odd hearing his narrations speak the lyrics
"Old Mother Fucker
She was a cocksucker
To give her poor family a home
Went down on their ding song
And drank for a sing song
But ended her sad life alone. "

What do you think of Sunn O)))
My friend stuck on "My Wall" and now i can't stop thinking of him saying "Johnny Guitar" haha.

And it is also odd hearing his narrations speak the lyrics
"Old Mother Fucker
She was a cocksucker
To give her poor family a home
Went down on their ding song
And drank for a sing song
But ended her sad life alone. "

WTF is the meaning of this??

seriously.

The guitar sound is so cool and I think it makes the album better. The guitar sound for example on with fear I kiss the burning darkness is so lame that it just about ruins the album.

The Break of Autumn is the epitome of ATG's career. I don't mind the guitar sound at all on that album.

Oh and SotS is pretty much crap IMO.

"Slaughter of the Soul" does just that, slaughters. I can't believe how you can't appreciate the fucking awesome riffing and frenetic pace of those songs. And the drums are amazing. I don't get how you can call it repetitive. The only thing repetitive about it is that it is consistently brughtal!

Well SOTS drums are fucking boring, many songs are also boring. I never was a At The Gates Fan, I only heard SOTS. Funny because the album was raited at metal observer for 10/10.

And yeah don't be surprised that my tops don't go with anyone else's, FUCK TRENDS AND HYPE!

Except fucking Tool, I'm a fanboy. :( Plus I got to basically see it live in its entirety.

No, infact I'd go as far to say that it is goddamned nearly crap.

wow... crap??

why??

I don't understand when people say they love scream bloody gore and they don't like death's later stuff... death's 1st 2 albums are an absolute MESS in terms of production/song structure... I still enjoy it but I don't understand how one could say their 1st 2 albums can compare to the technical and progressive jaw-droppers (their last 2 or 3 albums)

wow... crap??

why??

I don't understand when people say they love scream bloody gore and they don't like death's later stuff... death's 1st 2 albums are an absolute MESS in terms of production/song structure... I still enjoy it but I don't understand how one could say their 1st 2 albums can compare to the technical and progressive jaw-droppers (their last 2 or 3 albums)

Production and structuring are not everything. Death just is all around very overrated but that particular album is just so focused on technicality and not actual good music that it bores me. The bass lines also piss me the fuck off.