The Thread Where You Talk About Music You Like

I've checked out Unanimated- Ancient God of Evil and I'm loving it It's still not better than Eucharist. I NEVER thought I'll say it but I think A Velvet Creation is the best Swedish DM classic.
AstrumInfinito: Many people(including me) have found The Red in the Sky is Ours a very inaccessible and demanding album. Don't dismiss it so easily.

lol, i'm sure i used to be the one defending this album against your criticisms. now it's got to be the other way around. that album was (i believe) written by 15/16 year olds, and whilst they're very very talented 15/16 year olds and it's a darn good album, at times the immaturity really shines through. i think you'll find that whilst when it initially hits it hits hard, given time it doesn't possess lasting power - i used to think it was the best swedish dm as well but it really faded for me. good album, but doesn't compare to atg, god macabre, seance, necrophobic, therion, even unleashed

unanimated aren't even close to even eucharist btw. ;)

Ready...? (ignore my horribly skewed opinions on some shit and how I have really unfocused taste in metal/music in general):

Best Albums of 2003
Best Albums of 2004
Best Albums of 2005

...and what you have all been waiting for!:

The Absolutely Fucking Definitive No Questions Asked Top 10 of 2006! (note sarcasm)
While I can accept that you like Figure Number Five (I too find it to be a rather fun and enjoyable album), I cannot believe that you, or anyone with taste for that matter, would like Ayreon that much. With no exaggeration, I think that is probably THE WORST ALBUM I HAVE EVER HEARD. It's truly terrible, and if I ever wrote a review for MA, I would probably give it between 0-5%. I think there might have been something resembling a decent riff there on one song, but I don't want to waste 100+ minutes of my life listening to that abomination again. I got tricked into listening to it because Opeth fans went apeshit over it. That was the last time I took a music recommendation from the Opeth forum.

wow... crap??

why??

I don't understand when people say they love scream bloody gore and they don't like death's later stuff... death's 1st 2 albums are an absolute MESS in terms of production/song structure... I still enjoy it but I don't understand how one could say their 1st 2 albums can compare to the technical and progressive jaw-droppers (their last 2 or 3 albums)
TSOP is quite overrated. It's like if you took Human, polished out everything dark and brutal about it, and played each song twice with a solo in between. If The Sound of Perseverance were a man, he would have no testicles.

lol, i'm sure i used to be the one defending this album against your criticisms. now it's got to be the other way around. that album was (i believe) written by 15/16 year olds, and whilst they're very very talented 15/16 year olds and it's a darn good album, at times the immaturity really shines through. i think you'll find that whilst when it initially hits it hits hard, given time it doesn't possess lasting power - i used to think it was the best swedish dm as well but it really faded for me. good album, but doesn't compare to atg, god macabre, seance, necrophobic, therion, even unleashed

unanimated aren't even close to even eucharist btw. ;)
Nixon, you're so easy to spot:lol: Welcome back, dude
Unanimated are not in the same league, I agree, but I still love them.
The atmosphere on Velvet Creation reminds me of Varathron's HMaTS(especially in songs like The Religion of Blood-Red Velvet), which is why I've become very fond of the album. I recall when I was just getting into Varathron, I also found HMaTs incredibly tedious, but it with time it grew into something awesome. Same with Eucharist. And you're right, some classics tend to leave you in the cold after a while. I've lost my appreciation for Nespithe, Massacra's first two, Autopsy's first, etc-and there are some I never liked.It all evens out eventually-you lose some favorites but gain others.:)
Oh and I've listened to VC many times already. It doesn't get old.

Ready...? (ignore my horribly skewed opinions on some shit and how I have really unfocused taste in metal/music in general):

Best Albums of 2003
Best Albums of 2004
Best Albums of 2005

...and what you have all been waiting for!:

The Absolutely Fucking Definitive No Questions Asked Top 10 of 2006! (note sarcasm)

Indeed. Fucking fantastic release.

No fancy titles just the best of 2006.

Gonna check some of these out. Intriguing.
I'm also interested in hearing the latest Martyr, Empyrium and Unleashed. I've heard they're very good.

Triarii's Piece Heroique is the album of the year for me.

wow... crap??

why??

I don't understand when people say they love scream bloody gore and they don't like death's later stuff... death's 1st 2 albums are an absolute MESS in terms of production/song structure... I still enjoy it but I don't understand how one could say their 1st 2 albums can compare to the technical and progressive jaw-droppers (their last 2 or 3 albums)

tsop is clearly the worst of death. its outright boring. the songs are poorly written and are generic as fuck. although the cover of painkiller is absolutely killer.

the rest of death's catalogue rules though. you cant really severely flaw anything between scream bloody gore and symbolic, as the music ranges from good through to brilliant (see "pull the plug")

Scream Bloody Gore is great late 80's thrashy death metal. Just because it's more simple primitive and not as musically progressive as say symbolic or TSOP does not take away from the album on a musical standpoint for what the band was trying to acheive at the time period. I hate people who think bands early albums have no value because of later period work. lame

Scream Bloody Gore is great late 80's thrashy death metal. Just because it's more simple primitive and not as musically progressive as say symbolic or TSOP does not take away from the album on a musical statement for what the band was trying to acheive at the time period. I hate people who think bands early albums have no value because of later period work. lame

Two Words:

ZOMBIE RITUAL!

What do doomsters here think of Blood Farmers? From their description on doom-metal I thought I'd like it, but I listened to their self titled and I wasn't that thrilled.. I'd rather listen to early Trouble

Possessed and Massacra (does Necrovore count?)are both very good early Death/Thrash

Anymore I should know about?

Revenant- Prophecies of a Dying World

BADGERBANGER.gif