The Thread Where You Talk About Music You Like

Arghoslent update(!) from their website:

• Arghoslent is currently in the studio working on their 3rd album "Hornets of the Pogrom". Songs include: "Swill of the Knaves", “In Coffles They Were Led”, “Terra Nullius”, "Manacled Freightage", "Dog and Broom", "The Grenadier", "Fodder for the Shoah", "The Eugenic Fumigant", etc...

:kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass:

nice.

back to decapitated:

nihility is better than winds of creation. the music is so fitting for the theme of the album and delivery is absolutely spot on (as carcassian said, it is clinical). the rhythms undulate throughout in insane patterns and are completely hypnotising. id suggest anyone who likes morbid angel / vader and to a lesser extent, psycroptic; would love nihility, if they gave it 5 or 6 spins.

the negation was ok, but slightly on the dull side, and i havent heard anything post negation.

Amazing album. I still feel the overabudance of classical and ambient pieces scattered throughout Urfaust albums is a bit unnecessary, but the actual black metal tracks are some of the most innovative and unique I've heard in recent years gone by.

nice.

back to decapitated:

nihility is better than winds of creation. the music is so fitting for the theme of the album and delivery is absolutely spot on (as carcassian said, it is clinical). the rhythms undulate throughout in insane patterns and are completely hypnotising. id suggest anyone who likes morbid angel / vader and to a lesser extent, psycroptic; would love nihility, if they gave it 5 or 6 spins.

I just got this album, a friend recommended that I should check out Decapitated if I like Psycroptic. It's very similar. I can see the Morbid Angel comparison as well though. I'm liking it muchly.

Actually for some reason I really enjoyed the ambient elements. Usually ambient sections in black metal send me to sleep, but I thought these passages were really quite effective.

Morbid Angel 'domination' is probably the first well produced/polished death metal album and it's pretty obvious newer tech death metal bands are influenced by it imo. The dissonance,etc..

I almost bought the self-titled Suffocation album, but I have not heard anything from it. Opinions?

I would not buy it but it's better than souls to deny and despise the sun. Whatever Suffocation use to have on pierced from within,etc.. is just not there.

Mate, I don't really understand all the adoration for "Domination". Aside from "heretic", I find it to be easily the most boring release that MA have produced ... it is so far beneath the glory of Formulas that it doesn't even sound like its from the same band.

I do not think anything after covenant is essential. I still enjoy domination and ffttf.

I did not even care for that and having a drum check right in the middle of a death metal album with plastic sounding drums is stupid. What the hell is morbid angel thinking!

I would not buy it but it's better than souls to deny and despise the sun. Whatever Suffocation use to have on pierced from within,etc.. is just not there.

Holy fuck I agree with Greys! Indeed, it's their best since Pierced, if that's any incentive...almost a return to form.

Holy fuck I agree with Greys! Indeed, it's their best since Pierced, if that's any incentive...almost a return to form.

They are not going to return to form. I bet their next one will suck and they break up.

I only heard the s/t once thinking it was much better musically and production wise than souls to deny. The solos are better also but not near the level of pierced from within.