The Thread Where You Talk About Music You Like

Bestial Warlust - "Vengeance War 'till Death"
Ok, I just put this on, but it sounds awesome! Why does this album take so much shit about the production quality? This isn't bad production at all! I've listened to much rawer albums than this!

Enslaved - "Monumension"
So far, I'm liking this more than my other two Enslaved albums, "Below the Lights " and Ruun". This is the oldest Enslaved album I have; I really need to check out some of the earlier stuff.

Darkthrone - "Goatlord"
This was interesting. There's obviously a huge influence from Celtic Frost - "Into the Pandemonium" on this album. This is a lot different from other Darkthrone albums, and it might take me longer to get into this one.

Blasphemous Evil - "Old Necromancers"
Very cool black metal along the lines of Beherit.

Shellshock/Dark Angel - "Into the Inferno/Hell's On Its Knees"
Classic demos from a classic band.

Eat My Fuk - "Wet Slit and a Bottle of Whiskey"
Very offensive and perverted scum punk. Fun stuff.

Deathspawned Destroyer - "WarBloodMassacre"
Fucking cool doomy death metal! Just look at that name! :kickass:

Bestial Raids - "Hellish Assault"
Very raw (but good) "war metal" type stuff.

Blasphemophager - "Cult of Nuclear Hell"
More "war metal" heavily influenced by Blasphemy, etc. Very good; not as raw as Bestial Raids.

Bestial Mockery - "Evoke the Desecrator"
Fucking great black/thrash metal akin to Destroyer 666 and Gospel of the Horns. :kickass:

I managed to track down both Dances From Left and Stillbirth Machine. Dances from Left is fucking killer and I still need to listen to SM some more. :headbang:

Enslaved - "Monumension"
So far, I'm liking this more than my other two Enslaved albums, "Below the Lights " and Ruun". This is the oldest Enslaved album I have; I really need to check out some of the earlier stuff.

DEFINITELY get Vikingligr Veldi. Essential black metal.

As far as other Enslaved goes, I found Ruun to be decent and better than Isa. Monumension I have, but I can't ever remember having listened to it. Which suggests I did, and it didn't really click for me. Their original sound was much more organic and enjoyable I think. Newer Enslaved comes off a bit wanky, superficial and seems to lack a real substance.

I still really don't see why I should even bother beyond "Effigy of the Forgotten". None of them seem to compare.

I found breeding the spawn to be suffocations best musically but the production is so fucking awful. I am not really to picky about production anymore and the production is unlistenable. Bands can usually get away with low-quality recording but in this case the instruments are not even recorded 1% right. I know nothing about recording but whoever produced the album is a moron, the studio must suck beyond suck.

Live Enslaved is an experience which shouldn't be missed! Seen them three times now, and they've pulled off old and new stuff alike with such majesty each time. Excellent band.

Impudent, I'd also recommend you get Frost for a great earlier Enslaved release. It's very aggressive in it's rocky, almost speed metally riffs, but extremely cold as well. Trym's drumming is a total plus also.

I had planned to see Enslaved on Sunday, but it is my grandmother's birthday, and I shall miss it. :(

There's a local record store that I'm trying to get Enslaved's other material through. If he can't get it, I'll just go with some distro.

I'm listening to "Seventh Son of a Seventh Son" for the second time; I'm really enjoying it this time around! I must not have been paying enough attention the first time.