The Thread Where You Talk About Music You Like

Got my ticket for Emperor today. It was $50, which is the most I've ever paid for a concert. It should be worth it. I can't count on them doing a full scale tour, so I'd better catch this show. No support announced yet. Hopefully it's not total shit.

This Assaulter demo is great. For those of you who don't know, Assaulter is Berserker of Destroyer 666 fame's band. Their music is similar to D666, but with more of a traditional metal influence.

Weird, death metal with long songs is a huge turn on for me. A SEXUAL TURN ON...

...no, but I do like that.

Slightly off topic, I got a couple of old Defleshed albums in the mail this week. They were £3 each, new and sealed.

They were also very, very good fun. Nothing particularly outragiously original, just good, old fashioned chunky death metal riffery.

I've been listening the 1349's whole discography!
I find it very very good, Frost is a drum machine!!!

Non metal stuff

Maria Callas Platinum collection!
La Divina!

I have only heard Frost in Satyricon and he's without a doubt one of the most insane drummers I have heard to date.

The drummers for Immortal and Sacramentum are also pretty insane.

Hell, Frost sounds good even when he's doing the slower-paced stuff from the later material.

yeah, frost has great patterns and almost an industrial feel when he's going slower and middle paced, he does get downright fast though on Nemesis Divina.

speaking of human drum machines.

Nick Barker on Old Man's Child -in defiance of existence is downright insane. I honestly don't know how he does it and he's not just fast with snare hits but his cymbal work is fucking crazy.