The Thread Where You Talk About Music You Like

You think Frost is insane in Satyricon, that's only the tip of the iceberg with 1349.

His drumming is awful in 1349. Playing as fast as you can all the time does not constitute good drumming. His drumming on "Volcano" was very good.

Malignance. Have you heard the Grave bonus demo cd that comes as a second disk with 'back from the grave'. 51 minutes of Grave demos from the late 80's. KILLER

Does anyone else find Celtic Frost's To Mega Therion to be kinda meh. I've listened to it twice since I got it last friday and it still hasn't really caught my ear.

Does anyone else find Celtic Frost's To Mega Therion to be kinda meh. I've listened to it twice since I got it last friday and it still hasn't really caught my ear.

I like it. I think Morbid Tales is much better. What I heave heard from Into The Pandemonium is better than to mega therion also.

I think the only thing that Nick Barker has been addicted to are pies. Fat cunt.

I like 1349 - though as is well documented, I think most BM is utter and complete fucking garbage. I like the brutality and speed - and I think that Frost plays the drums exceptionally well on their stuff - he isn't just a blastbeat merchant in the same vein as, say, Grindcore drummers - he actually adds interesting fills and some tremendous cymbal work.

So there.

I've heard a couple of early demos, but not that particular disc. Back From The Grave might just be worth buying for that.

Back From The Grave is actually a great newer oldschool death metal album and a great reunion cd, plus it was actually recorded at Sunlight and I have not heard newer death metal cds recorded there(as far as I know).

No dude I'm actually serious, wasn't he like a heroin addict or something? You can't say that didn't add to his...ahem...ability.

:lol: what

how the fuck should I know!. Maybe he's fueled by donuts and his arms are so fast cause he gets momentum by gravity!

I like it, but I haven't heard Morbid Tales or Into the Pandemonium. To Mega Therion is a good CD to blast from your car in the heat of a summer night.