The Thread Where You Talk About Music You Like

I have the following from both these bands and am curious where to go next.

Old Man's Child-vermin,in defiance of existence.

Immortal-Damned In Black

The more I listen to it the more I become convinced that Varathron's debut is the one and only truly PERFECT album in extreme metal and all other perfections are merely approximations. I'm completely at a loss of words when trying to convey just how great an impact this album has had on me.Mesmerizing, life-changing, bonesplinteringly powerful, fucking awesome-nah these are just words.
How the hell did they do they manage to write something like that? How?

Orange Goblin are awesome.

*were.

1st three albums are really pretty much essential; I have to say that from Coup De Grace, with the creeping influence of *spit* punk and old school garage-core, they've really lost me a little bit. They were one of the best bands I have ever seen live, though, (right after the release of "the big black"), and the live version of Blue Snow made me mosh like a big gurny loser. :headbang:

Immortal-Damned In Black

Can't really help on the OMC front (thought they just tend to make me think of Dimmu Borgir - for obvious reasons).

Immortal ? Well, hell, kid. ATHoW and Sons of Northern Darkness are fairly similar and fucking killer to boot. I - Between Two Worlds is similarly rockin' in a wintery kind of way - and although not in the least similar, you might find (as I have) that Watain are infintely enjoyable to a fellow like you. (By which I mean, in broad terms, has a comparable taste in music).

Immortal-Damned In Black

I'm with Carcassian on OMC, but for Immortal, I would suggest At the Heart of Winter and Sons of Northern Darkness or, if you want to get a taste of their style before implementing the thrash gene, Battles in the North and Pure Holocaust.

Immortal-Damned In Black

For Immortal, my personal favorite is "Diabolical Fullmoon Mysticism", but for something similar to "DiB", try "At the Heart of Winter".

The more I listen to it the more I become convinced that Varathron's debut is the one and only truly PERFECT album in extreme metal and all other perfections are merely approximations. I'm completely at a loss of words when trying to convey just how great an impact this album has had on me.Mesmerizing, life-changing, bonesplinteringly powerful, fucking awesome-nah these are just words.
How the hell did they do they manage to write something like that? How?

I've been meaning to check this album out, thanks for the reminder.:kickass:

I'm assuming you mean necrophagist sucks... yea epitaph does sorta suck

onset is great though... all the songs are very catchy + melodic/brutal at times - the album is insanely technical but it's always controlled - nothing really feels excessive

I dunno, I consider dragonforce/malmsteen wankery, necrophagist (onset of putrefaction) songs have pretty decent flow and are not repetitive/predictable at all (which dragonforce/malmsteen are). Suicmez is a pretty decent song writer (knows when to write kickass DM riffs and when to go crazy with the minute long solos)

I dunno - that's my view on it

I was really refering to how the Necrophagist fucks are the kind of bands I hate.

I have heard plenty of "wankery", I don't see how suicmez fits the bill. Nothing he writes is excessive or pointless

I can listen to 2 hours straight of necrophagist and not get bored at all - I actually find their music highly adventurous/ambitious/original

we're just going to have to agree to disagree