The Thread Where You Talk About Music You Like

It by far has the highest cheese factor of any album I have ever heard. It is of an intolerable length. Not that this is an indicator of quality, but it's not really a metal album. It only approaches being heavy a handful of times. I am not currently a fan of the style, but I can't imagine ever liking this. It's all prog, with no progressive qualities. The story seemed cliched and stupid. The example of how to do a modern concept album right is Scenes From a Memory, and THE isn't 1/100th the album that SFAM is.

It by far has the highest cheese factor of any album I have ever heard. It is of an intolerable length. Not that this is an indicator of quality, but it's not really a metal album. It only approaches being heavy a handful of times. I am not currently a fan of the style, but I can't imagine ever liking this. It's all prog, with no progressive qualities. The story seemed cliched and stupid. The example of how to do a modern concept album right is Scenes From a Memory, and THE isn't 1/100th the album that SFAM is.

Yeah, I tried listening to The Human Equation but I couldn't get through the whole thing. The same with Anathema...

I want new Black Metal. I finished listening to my last available album, and now I have nothing new to listen to. Give me something to look for.

Make it raw and fast most of the time. In the vein of Gorgoroth, Baptism, or any of the other thousand fucking bands that fit the description.

Do your best to make sure I have never heard of them.

I downloaded Lords Of Hypocrisy just to check it out and I wasn't THAT impressed...some songs ruled to me (The Masquerade is awesome!) but I don't get it or something...not really my thing. I'll stick with my copy of Manilla Road - Crystal Logic till I get into PA. :)
I kinda know what you mean. I decided to listen to some songs from Mythical and Magical, to see if I like the sound. Sometimes it sounds like a heavy country band. I don't know what to think. Maybe it just hasn't clicked with me yet.