The Thread Where You Talk About Music You Like

To be honest, a large part of my hatred for him is that constantly grimacing face crowned with a hideously balding flop of hair.

:lol: The skullet is ... kind of gross but whatever :p

The only prog bands I listen to as far as I know are opeth and amorphis(if both are even prog).

Opeth are yeah, Amorphis have one prog album that is Elegy.

:lol: The skullet is ... kind of gross but whatever :p

Opeth are yeah, Amorphis have one prog album that is Elegy.

If I had to explain to someone Amorphis was prog and recomended an album Elegy would be the one. You do not think Tuonela is somewhat prog ?

Also I think tales from the thousand lakes could be considered prog for the time in terms of death metal and 'metal'. maybe

On the prog. topic:

I can't stand it when people describe a band as prog without elaborating somehow. The only time I would use prog is to say '(Band x) is (genre x) with progressive elements' or '(Band x) is progressive (specific sub-genre x within a genre x)'

I love seeing how much Dream Theater aggravates some people
Me too
But i can understand why is this. Most people don't realize the how groundbreaking D.T. where when they came out, their importance that goes beyond the bands that they influenced (even outside their genre) neither that no metal band played like this before them. I don't think that they are the best prog metal band (i can think at least 10 that i like more) but their importance/value/quality goes beyond any subjective way of judgment. Howeve most Dream Theater fanboys are some of the worst ever indeed.

I hate the "ooooooooo Dream Theater are the best musicians and songwriters EVERZ!!1!!" attitude. It's simply not true; the result of blind, fanatic fanboy-ism. Dream Theater fanboys are even worse than the most hardcore Opeth fanboys.

opeth are about a 10000000x better songwriters than dream theater

:lol:

Opeth have never had a song as well written as A Change of Seasons. Mind you Dream Theater are very very very inconsistant with their songs of genius and Opeth are just really disjointed and meandering vyt due to DT's capacity to NOT suck occasionally, DT is better afaic. Opeth tends to not have any ability to not suck.