The Thread Where You Talk About Music You Like

Well no fuckin' shit it is my opinion.

Do people have this INCREDIBLE UNDENIABLE urge to be a jackass and say "Well that is just your opinion"?

I swear ... fuck I will hurt the next person that says that, because it is OBVIOUSLY my opinion and that DOES NOT need to be stated.
Oh man I agree with you. I hate when people do that. That's just my opinion though/

Some brutal death metal is good, but a lot of it is cookie cutter crap, particularly the California/Unique Leader shit. But there are a lot of genres with a lot of crap bands.
I'm not sure if you wrote cookiecutter on purpose, but it made me smile. I'm not as willing to throw the California BDM under the bus as much as you, but I do agree, that scene has the most potential to get boring (Vile :yuk:). Otherwise I think its a great genre people here brush off too easily.

Oh and whoever recommended Devourment, I (of course) agree.

I rarely listen to brutal death because I hate gore, some bands I listen to ..
Prostitute Disfigurement, Disgorge (MEX and US), Brujeria, Devourment, Defeated Sanity

I'm not sure if you wrote cookiecutter on purpose, but it made me smile. I'm not as willing to throw the California BDM under the bus as much as you, but I do agree, that scene has the most potential to get boring (Vile :yuk:). Otherwise I think its a great genre people here brush off too easily.
I wasn't refering to you, as you guessed. By cookie cutter, I meant clone/generic bands. There is brutal death I like, but none of it is Cali dm (well, Deeds of Flesh are pretty good, but they don't really have that sound).

No, Drawn & Quartered are very similar to Immolation, Insiduous Decrepancy are quite similar to Necrophagist, Yattering I would compare to Cryptopsy except not quite such a mash of noise and Gorerotted wasn't really the style you were asking for, but you might enjoy them anyway.

hey bigdave try out unmerciful they have really good vocals no burping, pig squealing etc.... and are just great musically. Also gutteral secrete aren't too offensive in the vocal department either so try them out.

Edit: I also forgot severe torture, they are of my favourite brutal death bands check out misanthropic carnage and feasting on blood great stuff.

Lately I've been listening to a lot of Opeth, Death, Dragonlord, Summoning, Vesania, Darkthrone, and Dark Funeral... Each of those bands I've been listening to for less then 2 weeks.. So i'm really just starting to listen to many new bands...So based on those bands (I know they are diff. sub-genres of metal) if any of you have any band suggestions, I'd appreciate it. :)

413 pages....hahaha...Well then... I'll check out some of them..But I don't have that kind of time..thanks for the suggestions though. :)