The Thread Where You Talk About Music You Like

There are plenty of people who frequently read along to the lyrics. Obviously not while driving though, you fucking idiot. Is this idea really so revolutionary to you? It's been done for decades.

I could throw around mindless thoughts also, so, tell me do you know anyone personally that does this, and please do not make up names. Honestly, my whole point was that lyrics make up maybe 5% of the importance in a metal song if not less, and people who won't listen to a band because of "christian lyrics" or "non-death" lyrics are retarded, sort of like the people who won't listen to some "white" BM bands because it has some christian lyrics or some shit, honestly your lucky if you understand 10% of what they say.

What does everyone here think about The 3rd and the Mortal? I personally love all their work, but Tears Laid in Earth is perhaps their best. Absolutely amazing album.

I could throw around mindless thoughts also, so, tell me do you know anyone personally that does this, and please do not make up names. Honestly, my whole point was that lyrics make up maybe 5% of the importance in a metal song if not less, and people who won't listen to a band because of "christian lyrics" or "non-death" lyrics are retarded, sort of like the people who won't listen to some "white" BM bands because it has some christian lyrics or some shit, honestly your lucky if you understand 10% of what they say.

I can understand about 95% of lyrics in metal, no matter how crazy the vocals are.

I could throw around mindless thoughts also,

I didn't "throw around" any "mindless thoughts," sorry.

so, tell me do you know anyone personally that does this, and please do not make up names.

Not personally besides myself, but that's because I don't know anyone in person that listens to Metal. Pretty much everyone that I regularly talk to through the internet that listens to Metal reads the lyrics, however.

Honestly, my whole point was that lyrics make up maybe 5% of the importance in a metal song if not less,

Your point is subjective and therefore not a point.

and people who won't listen to a band because of "christian lyrics" or "non-death" lyrics are retarded, sort of like the people who won't listen to some "white" BM bands because it has some christian lyrics or some shit, honestly your lucky if you understand 10% of what they say.

I agree with that, but it's also not entirely relevant.

Honestly, my whole point was that lyrics make up maybe 5% of the importance in a metal song if not less

Really? How did you come to this conclusion?

and people who won't listen to a band because of "christian lyrics" or "non-death" lyrics are retarded, sort of like the people who won't listen to some "white" BM bands because it has some christian lyrics or some shit, honestly your lucky if you understand 10% of what they say.

The fact is that lyrics are a part of the total package. They're there, and they can be read. There is nothing wrong with considering lyrics in the overall judgment of a musical work's artistic merit. Why the fuck should it matter whether or not you can hear what they're saying?

metal lyrics add some depth to the music

a song like "bind torture kill" by suffocation would be not as fun without the deliciously sick, disturbing lyrics

disarmoni needs to pretty much stop talking

disarmoni needs to pretty much stop talking

Dude, im not the fag who in the vast majority of their posts talks about bodybuilding at every fucking moment, when about .... 0 of us care if your legs hurt, or your arms hurt, or you have pulsing, milky nipples that need fixed. (I lift weights just as much as you do, maybe more, but I don't come on here complaining about aches and pains just to get some "sympathy" responses)

You are one to fucking speak.

Oh and retard I never said "NOT to have the LYRICS" I said the lyrics importance in metal is insignificant (and for people not to like a metal band because of lyrics is stupidly retarded for above reasons). For every 1 song you can come up with that refutes this, there are a thousand to refute that 1.

Dissection is one of the greatest bands of all time, easily in my top 5. Not any new news or anything, just thought I'd throw it out there. Because they are amazing.