The Thread Where You Talk About Music You Like

What do you guys think of Angmar's debut?

I think it sounds good so far, the French seem to be able to keep on churning out quality BM releases non-stop.

I don't have an Ipod and don't want one. I am just going to upload the songs from actual cds I own for the mix cd.

My point is that Soulside Journey is a death metal album with MANY, MANY multitudes of riffs. It's, in fact, one of the earliest examples of primitive "tech death."

God, I hate cheesy 'story' hip hop...and yes, I have an entire album of his.

Haha, someone called me a "backpacker" for liking him and Aesop Rock. I personally love the more "abstract" and "concious" rap over the "gangsta" and hardcore rap.

Slug has a really fuckin' hilarious lyric in the song Trying To Find A Balance around 2:30 seconds in "Stop writin' raps and go play volleyball."

Last edited by a moderator:
backpacker is a nickname for hippy looking nerdy white kids that love hip hop (especially underground hip hop)

Yeah, I got that explained to me - that and that it also refered to "cypher hip hop" or street rapping while in a circle or something or other.

Haha, oh well. I'm nerdy, white, and have grown to love hip hop music as of late and I guess I could be called a hippie D: :headbang:

I did that when I was first getting into heavy music and I downloaded individual songs and didn't have an iPod.

Now I have an iPod (or else I listen to whole cd's) and I never download anymore.

I try to make good mixes of metal songs, but I'm such an album-oriented person that it's hard to pick songs that I like more than the rest. When I'm listening to each song on an album, I get into it, but when I recall albums, I think of them as a whole rather than an amalgamation of separate songs.

holy shit that's gay.
Pretty inappropriate for a metal album, but at least I associate hot babes with Victoria's Secret. If it was something like...Bruce's Secret, then that would be extremely gay. Plus, Le Secret is French, and that's kind of a gay language.

Black metal needs manly languages like German.
Black metal ist krieg!
and so on.