The Thread Where You Talk About Music You Like

Atmosphere :)

I've been literally addicted to them these past few days. That's Say Hey There from their album You Can't Imagine How Much Fun We're Having.

How about no, because I don't like them? Listening to them more isn't going to make me suddenly like them. Oh noe I don't like a band you think is good it must be the end of the world or i'm some idiot. Thats why I said you Fail @ LIFE. Get a clue.

Actually, listening to band more will help you appreciate it more and/or change your mind entirely.

It happened with me and Ildjarn.

How about no, because I don't like them? Listening to them more isn't going to make me suddenly like them. Oh noe I don't like a band you think is good it must be the end of the world or i'm some idiot. Thats why I said you Fail @ LIFE. Get a clue.

Again, not really. First time I heard Jesu and Blut Aus Nord, they bored the hell out of me, but a friend persuaded me to be patient with them and now they are two of my favourite bands. Nagelfar aren't the easiest of listens and if I thought they were a band you weren't ever likely to like I would leave it, but considering the other bands you mentioned, I think you could like them with time.

I use tremolo strings in my black metal project, aside from organs and pianos. Of course, it is all programmed considering the fact I don't actually own an organ etc., but it still sounds good.

Tremelo strings ?. Do you mean tremelo picking ?

If so am one of those tremelo picking single note guitarist and am getting sick of it. I sit around for hours tryings to figure out chords. Past a certain point can't figure out chords so am basically stuck at the beginning of the guitar with shitty basic chords!

I have been into open notes lately. I like piano's, but suck.

Hot off the press:

France's ALCEST has signed a five-album deal with Prophecy Productions. The group's debut CD, "Souvenirs d'un Autre Monde", will be released in the summer.

After making a small stir in the black metal underground with its 2004 mini-CD "Le Secret", ALCEST has musically left its origins in that scene far behind it. The band's music manages to evoke a spring-like atmosphere full of beauty, intense joy and light, but also yearning and nostalgia. It brings to mind memories of the innocence and bliss of a childhood long past as well as impressions of a fantastic realm of perfect harmony.

I still don't get why people care what the lyrics are in metal its not like you can understand half of what they say or better yet your lucky if you can understand 25% of the lyrics >.>

A metal mix cd I planned out and will be making. Does anyone here make mix cds ?. I don't do it often.

Tracklist.

Amorphis - Brother Moon
Amorphis - Stone Women
Amorphis - Drowned Maid
Opeth - The Funeral Portrait
Agalloch - Not Unlike The Waves
Neurosis - Stripped
Satyricon - K.I.N.G
Dan Swano - Sun of The Night
Katatonia - Rainroom
Daylight Dies - A Dream Resigned
Opeth - Reverie/Harlequin Forest
Diabolical Masquerade - All Onboard The Perdition Hearze
Evoken - Lost Kingdom of Darkness
Edge of Sanity - Hell Is Where The Heart Is
Rapture - While the World Sleeps
Shape of Despair - Fragile Emptiness
Sentenced - Phenix
Novembers Doom - Drown The Inland Mere
Enslaved - Api-Vat
Amorphis - The Lost Name of God

A metal mix cd I planned out and will be making. Does anyone here make mix cds ?. I don't do it often.

Tracklist.

Amorphis - Brother Moon
Amorphis - Stone Women
Amorphis - Drowned Maid
Opeth - The Funeral Portrait
Agalloch - Not Unlike The Waves
Neurosis - Stripped
Satyricon - K.I.N.G
Dan Swano - Sun of The Night
Katatonia - Rainroom
Daylight Dies - A Dream Resigned
Opeth - Reverie/Harlequin Forest
Diabolical Masquerade - All Onboard The Perdition Hearze
Evoken - Lost Kingdom of Darkness
Edge of Sanity - Hell Is Where The Heart Is
Rapture - While the World Sleeps
Shape of Despair - Fragile Emptiness
Sentenced - Phenix
Novembers Doom - Drown The Inland Mere
Enslaved - Api-Vat
Amorphis - The Lost Name of God

Too much of one band. I don't have more than one track per artist on my car cd's.

deteriorot "in ancient beliefs" is some awesome death metal

it even has shitty production and a good amount of atmosphere so you old school death metal elitist homosexuals should love it as well

everything about the album is just perfect, I especially love the coherent but still very evil/heavy vocals

I did that when I was first getting into heavy music and I downloaded individual songs and didn't have an iPod.

Now I have an iPod (or else I listen to whole cd's) and I never download anymore.