The Thread Where You Talk About Music You Like

I still haven't really found much appeal in Silencer's vocals. Most of the other similar bands bury the vocals under lots of effects. I like that approach better.

The album wasn't really what I expected. It's surprisingly clean in the guitars and vocals, and the drums are busier than I would have thought for suicidal black metal.

"BLOODBATH: Back With New Lineup, Mini-CD - Mar. 27, 2007

Swedish death metal supergroup BLOODBATH has issued the following update:

"BLOODBATH is finally back to put elite death metal on the map. The brand new line-up is shortly to be officially revealed, but has already paved way for a band hungrier than ever to bathe in the blood of a new recording. So in early June, we'll once again enter Fascination Street studios (same place 'Nightmares Made Flesh' was done) to cut a couple of new songs. In good tradition, each member will contribute to the writing with one song each. The final result will be unleashed in the form of a mini-CD scheduled for release in late summer. This affair will be self-financed and released only by BLOODBATH in a limited edition. Info on how to obtain your copy will follow with the announcement of the exact release date. So stay tuned and get ready... because BLOODBATH is back to DO-MI-NATE!"

BLOODBATH's latest album, "Nightmares Made Flesh", received a U.S. release in March 2005 via Century Media Records. Due to the long gap between the European and North American release dates, the American version was enhanced with two bonus songs taken from a previously unreleased demo recording of "Breeding Death" EP, as well as a different front cover, featuring artwork by Wes Benscoter."

:)

Silencer was probably the first band I listened to where the vocals made me truly laugh. I swear at first I was like wtf?? o_O then a couple seconds later I just couldn't stop laughing at how funny they sounded!

It's mostly more of the same. It's good, but I don't think you're missing a lot by not having it. The third song is a rerecording of an older track. The other two tracks sound like they could have been on To Violate The Oblivious, or the Xasthur/Leviathan split. Part of one of the songs made it onto Subliminal Genocide, or maybe it just sounds so similar that I'm confused. If you can get it for $8 or less, maybe worth buying, but I have to rate it below every other Xasthur release I've heard. All the full-lengths are better, and you might as well wait for the new album/s anyway, which are said to have real drums and cello.

Subliminal Genocide was actually much more interesting than I initially anticipated. There's a lot of cool stuff going on. You might want to give it another listen. It's a lot less of a retread than previous albums.