AIIZ - The Witch Of Berkeley
Black Death - Black Death
Bathory - Bathory
Cirith Ungol - Frost And Fire
Voivod - War And Pain
Slayer - Show No Mercy
Helstar - Burning Star
Thrust - Fist Held High

And of course Hellhammer is the worst band in the world.

Among Kerrang's list of the worst Metal albums ever released (from '84):

Angel Witch - Angel Witch
AIIZ - The Witch Of Berkeley
Black Death - Black Death
Bathory - Bathory
Cirith Ungol - Frost And Fire
Voivod - War And Pain
Slayer - Show No Mercy
Helstar - Burning Star
Thrust - Fist Held High

And of course Hellhammer is the worst band in the world.

show no mercy is one of the best thrash albums ever, what the fucking fuck?

HELLHAMMER, NOT HAMMERFALL. This is from fucking 1985, Hammerfall wasn't even an idea yet.

I like early Celtic Frost better than Hellhammer (pretty much a later incarnation of the same band). For some reason I could never get past the production with Hellhammer. Maybe I have to give it another listen again.

I found out why Kerrang is so fucking gay; they were a fucking spin-off mag from Sounds. No wonder...

Oh, and nice Nominon sig, Greys. They should be putting out a new one soon called Terra Necrosis.

Terra Necrosis is actually already out and I plan on getting it soon.

"Digipak when fully opened is in a shape of an inverted cross. Also comes with a 16 page booklet."

Pulverizer has a good ammount on Ebay.

show no mercy is one of the best thrash albums ever, what the fucking fuck?

Enough of your shameless Slayer fellating.

You know, I would have much more respect for Richard Christy if he had never joined the Howard Stern Show. Holy shit, his track record is nauseating. :zombie:

The drum machine on the re-recorded version of Onset of Putrefaction is amazing. If I did not know it was one, I would have been thoroughly convinced of a real drummer.

Tom Warrior circa late 85, right after To Mega Therion:

"I think we were one of the first bands to come up with the term Death Metal. We had this Death tag put on us back in the Hellhammer days, and we felt if we have to give the fans an wasy term to label us with, then why not Death Metal? And besides, we wanted to prevent ourselves being labelled a Black Metal band, because we're not. And at least with Death Metal one can cover a wide range of topics. I like the term Death Metal, but if you were to ask me how I would define our music, I would have to say we're a rock band on the very HEAVY side, with a touch of the avante-garde thrown in for good measure, because we're a bit unusual. But if you want to have these boxes then, yes, of course we're Death Metal, but being put into that box mean we can play at any speed we like and we do cover both ends of the scale."